Tennis West is calling for applications for 3 x Board Director Positions for election in accordance with its current Constitution. It is noted as we transition to our new Constitution, 2 Directors will be appointed for a 3 year term and 1 Director for a 2 year term. The 2 candidates receiving the highest number of votes would receive the 3 year terms.
Following this AGM the Tennis West Board will consist of 6 Elected Directors and 3 Board Appointed Directors. All positions are voluntary.
Nominations close at 5:00pm on September 6, 2019 and the Nominations Committee will consider the nominations, evaluate against the priority criteria and provide advice to Club Delegates who will vote for these positions at the AGM, to be held on Thursday 31st October 2019 at 6.30pm at the State Tennis Centre.
Criteria/Experience (in order of importance/ weighting)
- Demonstrated leadership experience with a focus on building strong organizational culture
- Contemporary grassroots tennis knowledge and experience with a focus on participation
- Sport governance and strategy
- Strategic planning and execution
- Strategic innovation (including sports other than tennis)
In setting the above “Criteria” the Tennis West Nominations Committee, and in turn, the Tennis West Board, has considered:
- Tennis West’s Strategic Agenda
- Tennis West’s Good Governance Principles that embrace best practice of a skills-based Board
- The current skills matrix of the Board, including those positions up for election in 2019 and the skills needing to be replaced
- The needs of Tennis West at this stage of its organisational evolution, now and into the future
- The Board’s self-assessment of its skills
Process and timeline
A nomination form is attached. This form must be lodged with the CEO of Tennis West (i.e. at Tennis West), along with a CV, and up to a further two-page covering letter/submission addressing how they meet one of more of the above criteria/experience by either post or email:
Post: Tennis West, PO Box 116, Burswood WA 6100; or
Email: [email protected]
The nominee’s submitted CVs and the recommendations of the Nominations Committee which will contain a Rating of each Nominee against the Criteria and a Ranking of Nominees will be circulated to all Tennis West affiliates in the following timeline:
|Nominations for Board Positions Open||August 5, 2019|
|Nominations close||5pm September 6, 2019|
|Nominations evaluated by the Tennis West Nominations Committee||September 9-20, 2019|
|Nominations Committee to submit a report of nominees to the Tennis West Board||September 23, 2019|
|Notice of AGM to Clubs||September 27, 2019|
|Tennis West Delegates advised of Nominees and the corresponding Committee recommendations prior to the AGM vote||September 27, 2019|
|Tennis West AGM||October 31, 2019|
To find out more about the Tennis West Board, click here.