Tennis West, with the support of the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries (DLGSC), offered eight athletes the opportunity to participate in the Regional Talent Development (RTD) Program.
The objectives of this program are to develop regional players and provide greater opportunities for creating long term player development.
The eight recipients of the RTD subsidised Interstate Tour to the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, included:
- Midwest: Brodie Atkinson, Caleb Sewell
- South Coast: Benjamin Haclin, William Wildberger, Stella Wildberger
- South West: Tessa Kongras, Maddison Lord, Brooke Nield
Athletes participated in two AR tournaments; 2019 Mooloolaba Junior Championships (Bronze), and the 2019 Noosa Junior Championships (Silver), competing in both singles and doubles.
Tour highlights included;
2019 Mooloolaba Junior Championships
- Stella Wildberger winning the 12’s Doubles
- Tessa Kongras & Maddison Lord reaching the 14’s Doubles Semi-Final
2019 Noosa Junior Championships
- William Wildberger reaching 14’s Singles Consolation Semi-Final
Tennis West would like to thank DLGSC for their ongoing support of tennis in regional Western Australia.