Tennis Infrastructure Planning Design & Delivery Resource
An updated publication soon to be made available to clubs, local and state government agencies and other key stakeholders is the ‘Tennis Infrastructure Planning Design and Delivery Resource‘. One of the key concepts introduced in this publication is the Project Pathway – a project management tool that can guide clubs to a deliver well-planned and sustainable projects.
Following this project management process will:
- Ensure the consistent, justifiable and strategic delivery of infrastructure projects.
- Form a mandatory requirement for any project funding requests under the National Court Rebate and the Facility Loan Program.
- Assist with identifying resource requirements and stakeholder management in order to facilitate the delivery of quality tennis projects.
- Provide input at critical stages of any project, depending on the specific nature of each development.
For more information on the ‘Tennis Infrastructure Planning Design and Delivery Resource’ contact the Places to Play team on (08) 6462 8300
Tennis West Information Sessions – Funding Opportunities for Capital Projects
Tennis West held two information sessions in February relating to funding opportunities for capital works projects.
The first focused on Tennis Australia’s national funding Scheme the National Court Rebate, (NCR) and the processes which take place during the application stages. The key message to all who attended was the the importance of good strategic planning prior to committing to the design, funding, project management and operational support for any project.
A Community Sport and Recreation Facilities Fund (CSRFF) information evening was hosted at the Department of Local Government Sport and Cultural Industries on 27 February. Kent Barton, Facilities Consultant – Sport and Recreation, presented on the grant process for the CSRFF and gave valuable advice as what projects are most likely to attract funding.
CSRFF funding is available to clubs through the following categories:
- Small Grants – $7,500 -$200,000 ex GST (Min Grant $2,500- Max Grant $66,666
- Annual Grants -$200,000 to $500,000 ex GST (Min Grant $66,667- Max Grant $166,666
- Forward Planning Grants- $500,000 + ex GST (Min Grant $166,667- Max Grant $200,000
If your club is looking to pursue a facilities project, and would like more information about the NCR and CSRFF please get in touch with Graeme Hall or Lauren Costa in the Places to Play team at Tennis West.
Lauren Costa – [email protected] / 6462 8311
Graeme Hall – [email protected] / 6462 8304