Tennis West is Western Australia’s governing body for tennis, and manages all aspects of the sport, from elite player development to growing participation within the affiliated club network and community. Tennis West is headquartered at the State Tennis Centre on the Burswood Peninsula, with approximately 200 affiliated bodies located as far north as Kununurra, south as Albany and as far inland as Kalgoorlie. Tennis West is an incorporated association and works closely with Tennis Australia to deliver a National sport strategy.
The Tennis West Board consists of 7 Elected Directors and 2 Appointed Directors, all positions are voluntary.
The Board has identified a skills gap following the most recent election and is seeking 2 Appointed Directors, for a term of up to 3 years.
Interested persons who wish to join the Board will need to address in writing how they meet one or more of the following selection criteria:
- Experience with Local Government (reflecting the important role LGA’s & Councils play with member clubs), or;
- Experience in Sport Strategy and Innovation, or;
- Experience in developing and implementing a broad Communication Strategy to stakeholders
About the Role
- The Tennis West Constitution entitles Appointed Directors to be appointed for up to a three year term.
- The Board typically meets 10 times per year, usually in Burswood at the Tennis West Head Office. Meetings are usually on the 3rd Tuesday of a month from 6-8pm.
- The Board uses an online Board Portal with teleconferencing facilities available when Directors cannot attend in person or are based outside the Perth metropolitan area.
- Director positions are voluntary.
- Travel and accommodation expenses incurred in the course of Board activities are reimbursed at cost.
The selection process
As instructed by the Tennis West Board the Nominations Committee will oversee the selection process.
Expressions of interest will be due to Tennis West by 28th December 2018, emailed to the CEO [email protected]
Interviews will take place with suitable candidates following the EOI process.
Candidates with the optimal skills and experience will be recommended by the Nominations Committee to the Board – preferably in time for consideration at the Board meeting in February.
Vision & Purpose
Our Vision: For tennis to be Western Australia’s leading sport
Our Mission: To serve up a great tennis experience for all
Our Values: Excellence, Teamwork, Humility, Loyalty
For more information on the TW‘s current Strategic Plan refer to https://www.tennis.com.au/wa/about/about-us
Further information can be sought by contacting Tennis West CEO Michael Roberts on 6462 8301 or [email protected]