- Born17 July 1990
- Birth PlaceSydney, New South Wales
- LivesGalston, New South Wales
- Height180 cm
- CoachStan Boster
- Pro Since2007
- Started playing tennis at age six because his family had an old asphalt tennis court in their backyard.
- Offered a scholarship to the Nick Bollettieri Academy in Florida when he was 15.
- Boarded at the Academy for two years so that he could complete Year 12 via online education while training.
- Reached the 2008 Junior Wimbledon Championships doubles final alongside compatriot Bernard Tomic, falling 10-12 in the final set.
- Won his maiden ITF Futures Pro Circuit event, the 2009 U.S.A F19 in Godfrey, Illinois.
- Claimed three more ITF Futures titles in 2011, in Serbia, Romania and Australia, breaking into the World’s Top 300 for the first time.
- Tennis heroes are Pat Rafter, because of his modesty and sportsmanship and Lleyton Hewitt for his on-court focus and determination.
- Favourite tournament is Wimbledon.
- Has a twin sister, Ellen, and younger brothers and sisters, Nick and Grace.
- Hobbies include playing rugby union, poker and surfing.
- Favourite artists are Chris Brown and Coldplay.
- Loves sushi.
Year-end singles ranking history
2015 Canada F6 ITF
2014 Burnie Challenger
2012 Port Pirie F8 ITF
2011 Serbia F3 ITF, Romania F8 ITF, Australia F13 ITF
2009 U.S.A. F19 ITF
2015 Canada F5 ITF
2013 Sydney Challenger
2012 Canada F4 ITF
2011 Germany F5 ITF, Spain F25 ITF, Spain F27 ITF, Australia F8 ITF
2010 U.S.A. F10 ITF
2009 U.S.A F20 ITF
Matt Reid in the news
Eight Australian men are competing in ATP Tour tournaments this week across events in Europe and America.
Australian players are competing in tour-level events across two different continents and three different surfaces this week.
Eight Australian players scored doubles wins on day five at Wimbledon, including Nick Kyrgios playing alongside the legendary Venus Williams in mixed doubles.
There are 15 Australians competing on day five at Wimbledon 2021, highlighting the remarkable depth in Australian tennis right now.