- Born25 July 1988
- Birth PlaceMelbourne, Victoria
- LivesMelbourne, Victoria
- Height185 cm
- CoachChris Eaton
“It's great to be able to give back a little bit; I know I look up to the guys who came before me as well and always still touch base with them, so to be able to have that connection is always helpful.”
— John Peers, 10 Jul 2019
» Aussies Schoolkate, Peers win at Wimbledon
- Started playing tennis as soon as he could walk as he had a tennis court in his backyard.
- His mum, Elizabeth played professional tennis and sister, Sally currently plays on the tour.
- Secured his first ITF junior doubles title in New Caledonia in 2005.
- Claimed his maiden ITF Futures Pro Circuit singles and doubles titles in Venezuela in 2011.
- Captured five Challenger doubles titles in 2012.
- Reached the final of the ITF Futures Pro Circuit in Arkansas in 2012.
- Career highlight was playing doubles at the Wimbledon Championships in 2012 and representing Australia in the Davis Cup
- Admires Roger Federer because he is an all court player
- Favourite tournament is Wimbledon because it was the first grand slam he played and he admires the history of the event.
- Enjoyed a break out 2015 with Jamie Murray, winning doubles titles in Brisbane and Hamburg en route to a ranking of World No.5
- Established dominance with Henri Kontinen in 2016 with five doubles titles that included the Paris Masters and ATP World Tour Finals
- Won first Grand Slam doubles championship in 2017 with Henri Kontinen at the Australian Open
- Hobbies include golf, surfing, AFL (he’s an Essendon fan) and cricket.
- Favourite food is chicken parmigiana
- Favourite band is Coldplay.
Year-end doubles ranking history
2017 Australian Open, Washington ITF, Beijing ITF, Shanghai ITF, ATP Finals
2016 Brisbane ITF, Munich ITF, Hamburg ITF, ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Paris, ATP Finals
2015 Brisbane ITF, Hamburg ITF
2014 Munich ITF
2013 Houston ITF, Gstaad ITF, Bangkok ITF
2016 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Shanghai
2015 Basel ITF, Vienna ITF, US Open, Wimbledon, Barcelona ITF, Rotterdam ITF
2014 Kuala Lumpur ITF, Winston-Salem ITF, London ITF
2013 Tokyo ITF
John Peers in the news
Three Australian men - John Peers, Max Purcell and Luke Saville - are now ranked inside the world's top 40 in doubles.
Ellen Perez joins fellow Aussie Ajla Tomljanovic in the main draw of a WTA tournament in France this week.
The Australian matches his career-best result in Rome, advancing to the semifinals for a second time.
Four Australians progress in Rome, but John Millman exits in the second round of the men's singles competition.