“Overall the structure of the shoulder is good and that feels good, that I can go out there without thinking about it so it's going in a good direction.”
— Ajla Tomljanovic, 28 Aug 2017
» Tomljanovic hungry for action
- started playing tennis at age seven
- favourite shot is backhand and favourite surface is hard
- trained during her teenage years at the Evert Tennis Academy in Boca Raton, Florida
- best tennis memory was her first experience on court with Chris Evert
- career goal is to be ranked No.1 in the world
- upset No.3 seed Agnieszka Radwanska en route to the fourth round at Roland Garros in 2014
- reached first career WTA final in Pattaya City, Thailand in 2015
- missed most of 2016 with a shoulder injury; made a triumphant return in 2017 with an upset win over World No.13 Elena Vesnina at the Miami Open
- speaks Croatian, English and German
- family includes father Ratko, mother Emina and sister Hana
- also has family in the United States; favourite city to visit is Charlotte, North Carolina, where they live
- favorite movie is The Hangover and favourite actor is Robert Pattinson
- enjoys watching other sports including basketball and football
- enjoys hip hop music; Beyonce is her favourite artist
Year-end rankings history
2013 Dothan ITF
2011 Clearwater ITF, Grado ITF
2010 Plantation ITF
2017 Sacramento ITF
2015 Pattaya City
2013 Innsbrook ITF, Midland ITF, Macon ITF, Merida 3 ITF
2011 Jackson ITF
2010 Pelham ITF, Prague ITF
2009 Puebla ITF
Ajla Tomljanovic in the news
Tomljanovic and Cabrera were edged in openers at Melbourne Park on Tuesday.
Ajla Tomljanovic pushed Johanna Konta all the way in an entertaining battle at Pat Rafter Arena before falling in three sets in the second round of the Brisbane International.
No.8 seed Ash Barty leads a healthy contingent of nine Aussies across the women's and men's draws at Brisbane International 2018.
Destanee Aiava will return to the site of her breakout WTA tournament, where she will be joined be fellow Aussie wildcards Ajla Tomljanovic, Jordan Thompson and Matt Ebden.