South East Queensland Region
2020 Season 1 Key Dates
Postponement of Australian Tennis Events due to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Effective immediately Tennis Australia and its Member Associations are postponing all Tennis operated events, competitions and tournaments until further notice.
Tennis has made the decision to take further precautions in the interest of the health and wellbeing of our community.
Our goal is to avoid bringing crowds together in order to help contain the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and minimise the inevitable strain on our healthcare system.
This decision is based on expert medical advice and is in line with the recommendations of the global tennis community.
We realise this may cause inconvenience in the short-term however, our objective is ensuring our community remains healthy and strong.
We will continue to keep you updated and thank you for your cooperation during this difficult time for all of us.
General Information on Super 10s
As a guideline for participation in Super 10s, players should be able to perform the following green ball key competencies. If unsure, please speak to your child’s private coach to assess whether Super 10s is the appropriate competition for the player’s stage of development.
– Differentiate speed and spin on first and second serves
– Rally crosscourt for 10–15 shots varying height over the net, depth, speed and spin
– Use approach, drive volley, volley and overhead in an offensive way
– Keep great posture and maintain balance from a wide, narrow, and one-legged base
– Display independence; pack their own bag for matches and practice, and complete a regular warm-up routine and practice regularly without the coach
Age eligibility for Super 10s is as follows: Athletes are able to apply for Super 10s from the 2009 – 2011 birthyears provided they do not turn 11 before the Grand Final round in their environment. I.e. athletes must be 10 or younger for the entirety of the season.
**PLEASE NOTE: Successful participants will be required to pay season fees of $120.
Email: [email protected]