South East Queensland Region
2019 Season 2 Key Dates
|Challenge Day||Sunday September 15||Queensland Tennis Centre, Tennyson||8am – 4:30pm|
|Training Session & Round 1||Sunday October 27||KDV Sport,
|10am – 3pm|
|Round 2 & 3||Sunday November 3||Sunshine Coast Regional Tennis Centre, Caloundra||10am – 3pm|
|Semi-Finals & Finals/Play-Offs||Sunday November 10||Queensland Tennis Centre, Tennyson||9am – 2pm|
As a guideline for participation in Super 10s, players should be able to perform the following green ball key competencies. If unsure, please speak to your child’s private coach to assess whether Super 10s is the appropriate competition for the player’s stage of development.
– Differentiate speed and spin on first and second serves
– Rally crosscourt for 10–15 shots varying height over the net, depth, speed and spin
– Use approach, drive volley, volley and overhead in an offensive way
– Keep great posture and maintain balance from a wide, narrow, and one-legged base
– Display independence; pack their own bag for matches and practice, and complete a regular warm-up routine and practice regularly without the coach
Age eligibility for Super 10s is as follows: Athletes are able to apply for Super 10s from the 2008 – 2010 birthyears provided they do not turn 11 before the Grand Final round in their environment. I.e. athletes must be 10 or younger for the entirety of the season.
**PLEASE NOTE: Successful participants will be required to pay season fees of $120.
Registrations for the Season #2 Challenge Day have now closed.
Email: [email protected]