South East Queensland Region
Super 10s – QLD Term 4 2023
The Super 10s is a competition for the up and coming 10 and under tennis players in Queensland.
Super 10s is an exciting, team-based program for boys and girls. The competition is aimed to provide quality opportunities and experiences for young emerging players. Played with green ball it allows the best 10/u athletes in the state to come together and receive quality match play with their peers. Players have the opportunity to compete in a team and receive advice and support from their team manager.
What does the Super 10s season include?
• On court coaching provided by Tennis Australia qualified coaches
• Play in a team (4 boys/4 girls’ team of 4 players)
• Time based scoring
Players, parents and coaches are encouraged to read the Key Competencies and eligibility listed before registering their interest to participate. If unsure, please check with your private coach.
- Differentiate speed and spin on first and second serves
- Rally crosscourt for 10–15 shots varying height over the net, depth, speed and spin
- Use approach, drive volley, volley and overhead in an offensive way
- Keep great posture and maintain balance from a wide, narrow, and one-legged base
- Display independence: pack their own bag for matches and practice, and complete a regular warm-up routine and practice regularly without the coach
Once registrations have closed Super 10s organisers will select players to participate in the trial day. These selections are based on tournament results, JDS participation and coach appreciation. *Super 10s organisers have the option to grant 1 wildcard boy and girl if they feel it is in the best interest of the competition.
Following the trial day, 16 boys and 16 girls will be selected.
|Sunday September 10th 2023||Trial Day||8:30am- 2pm|
|Sunday October 8th 2023||Round 1 & 2||8:30am- 2pm|
|Sunday October 15th 2023||Round 3 & 4||8:30am- 2pm|
VENUE: Queensland Tennis Centre
Players who do not compete in tournaments will not be considered for the Super 10s trial day. All players need to have played at least 4 tournaments (JDS, Junior series and recognised green colour balls) over the last 12 months.
Age eligibility for Super 10s is as follows: All players must be 10 years old or under as of the Trial Day. Players turning 11 during the season will be eligible to complete the competition for that term.
- Click the event link below to begin the registration process.
- Select Register and then ‘QLD’ from the drop-down menu.
- You will be sent an email with username, National Member ID and a password reset.
- Once registered and logged in click on ‘events’ at the top of the page and select QLD – Super 10s Term 4, 2023.
*For those who have already obtained a revolutioniseSPORT log in, simply log in and then complete step 4 above.
Registration Deadline – Monday September 4th 2023 5pm
For any issues regarding the Super 10’s registration process above please contact Gemma Harper at [email protected].
For any other information please contact Isabella Fede, Talent Operations Manager- QLD.