South East Queensland Region
Key Dates – Season #1 2020
The Super 10s is a competition for the up and coming 10 and under tennis players within Queensland. Players will be placed in to teams of four, be assigned a team manager who will be on court to support them throughout the competition, and will compete in a round robin format against the other three teams of the same gender. Played with green ball, this competition allows the best 10 year olds in the state to come together and receive quality matchplay against their peers. They have the opportunity to compete in a team and receive advice and support from their team manager throughout.
|Sunday November 1st 2020||Round 1||8:30am – 2:30pm|
|Sunday November 8th 2020||Round 2||12:00pm – 5:30pm|
|Sunday November 15th 2020||Round 3||8:30am – 2:30pm|
VENUE: Queensland Tennis Centre – 190 King Arthur Terrace, Tennyson QLD 4105
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION
As a guideline for participation in Super 10s, players should be able to perform the following green ball key competencies. If unsure, please speak to your child’s private coach to assess whether Super 10s is the appropriate competition for the player’s stage of development.
– Differentiate speed and spin on first and second serves
– Rally crosscourt for 10–15 shots varying height over the net, depth, speed and spin
– Use approach, drive volley, volley and overhead in an offensive way
– Keep great posture and maintain balance from a wide, narrow, and one-legged base
– Display independence; pack their own bag for matches and practice, and complete a regular warm-up routine and practice regularly without the coach
Age eligibility for Super 10s is as follows: Due to Season 1 being delayed because of COVID-19, athletes who have turned 11 during this time will be eligible. This is only valid for Season 1, 2020 of Super 10s in Queensland.
For any other information please contact Brett Hunter, Talent Operations Manager QLD.
E: [email protected]
M: 0435 960 465