South East Queensland Region
Super 10s – QLD Term 1 2022
The Super 10s is a competition for the up and coming 10 and under tennis players in Queensland.
Players, parents and coaches are encouraged to read the Key Competencies listed under the ‘Guidelines for Participation’ before registering their interest to participate. If unsure, please check with your private coach.
Once registrations have closed Super 10s organisers will select players to participate in the trial day on Sunday February 20 2022. These selections are based on tournament results, JDS participation and coach appreciation. *Super 10s organisers have the option to grant 1 wildcard boy and girl if they feel it is in the best interest of the competition.
Following the trial day, 24 boys and 24 girls will be selected.
|Sunday February 20 2022||Trial Day||8am- 12pm|
|Sunday February 27 2022||Round 1||9am-12pm|
|Sunday February 27 2022||Round 2||1pm-4pm|
|Sunday March 6 2022||Round 3||9am-12pm|
|Sunday March 6 2022||Round 4- Finals Day||1pm-4pm|
VENUE: Queensland Tennis Centre – 190 King Arthur Terrace, Tennyson QLD 4105
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION
As a guideline for participation in Super 10s, players should be able to perform the following green ball key competencies. If unsure, please speak to your child’s private coach to assess whether Super 10s is the appropriate competition for the player’s stage of development.
– Differentiate speed and spin on first and second serves
– Rally crosscourt for 10–15 shots varying height over the net, depth, speed and spin
– Use approach, drive volley, volley and overhead in an offensive way
– Keep great posture and maintain balance from a wide, narrow, and one-legged base
– Display independence; pack their own bag for matches and practice, and complete a regular warm-up routine and practice regularly without the coach
Age eligibility for Super 10s is as follows: All players must be 10 years old or under as of the Trial Day. Players turning 11 during the season will be eligible to complete the competition for that term.
1. Click the following link – revolutioniseSPORT Registration Link
2. Select Register and then ‘Queensland’ from the drop down menu.
3. You will be sent an email with user name, National Member ID and a password reset.
4. Once registered and logged in click on ‘events’ at the top of the page and select QLD – Super 10s Season 1, 2022
*For those who have already obtained a revolutioniseSPORT log in, simply log in and then complete step 4 above.
Please note registrations will close on Sunday February 13 2022
For any issues regarding the Super 10’s registration process above please contact Loren Colledani at [email protected].
For any other information please contact Glenn Hamilton, Talent Operations Manager- QLD.