Australian Capital Territory
Super 10s & 12s – ACT & Greater Region Term 2 2022
The Super 10s & 12s is a competition for the up and coming junior players in the ACT and Greater Region.
Once registrations have closed on May 20th 2022, Super 10s/12s organisers will select players to participate. These selections are based on behavioural conduct, UTR, tournament results and coach recommendation.
Selected players will be placed into teams, assigned a Tennis Australia qualified coach/team manager (who will be on court to support them throughout the competition) to each and will compete in a round robin format against the other teams respectively. Super 10s will be played with green ball and 12s played with yellow, this competition allows the best 10 & 12/u athletes in the territory to come together and receive quality match play against their peers.
|Saturday 4th June 2022||9am-4pm|
|Sunday 5th June 2022||9am-3pm|
VENUE: Canberra Tennis World, 3 Riggall Pl, Lyneham ACT, 2602.
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION – SUPER 10s
As a guideline for participation in Super 10s, players should be able to perform the following green ball key competencies. If unsure, please speak to your child’s private coach to assess whether Super 10s is the appropriate competition for the player’s stage of development.
- Differentiate speed and spin on first and second serves
- Rally crosscourt for 10–15 shots varying height over the net, depth, speed and spin
- Use approach, drive volley, volley and overhead in an offensive way
- Keep great posture and maintain balance from a wide, narrow, and one-legged base
- Display independence: pack their own bag for matches and practice, and complete a regular warm-up routine and practice regularly without the coach
Super 10s: All players must be 10 years old or under as of the first day of competition. Players turning 11 during the season will be eligible to complete the competition for that term.
Super 12s: All players must be 12 years old or under as of the first day of competition. Players turning 13 during the season will be eligible to complete the competition for that term. UTR 2.0 or above required.
- Click the following link: Super 10 & 12
- Select Register and then ‘ACT’ from the drop-down menu.
- You will be sent an email with username, National Member ID and a password reset.
- Once registered and logged in click on ‘events’ at the top of the page and select ACT – Super 10s 12s Term 2, 2022
*For those who have already obtained a revolutioniseSPORT log in, simply log in and then complete step 4 above.
Please note registrations will close on Friday May 20th, 2022.
For any issues regarding the Super 10’s & 12’s registration process above please contact Loren Colledani at [email protected].
For any other information please contact Emily Burns, Talent Operations Manager- ACT.