Australian Capital Territory
Super 10s – ACT & Greater Region 2023
Super 10s is a competition for the up-and-coming junior players in the ACT and Greater Region.
Selected players will be placed into teams, assigned a Tennis Australia qualified coach/team manager (who will be on court to support them throughout the competition) to each and will compete in a round robin format against the other teams respectively. Super 10s will be played with green ball, this competition allows the best 10/u athletes in the territory to come together and receive quality match play against their peers.
Selection into the event below is based on UTR, Event Results and Behavioural Conduct.
Dates: Challenge Day 1 – 1:30 to 3:30pm Saturday March 18th 2023 & Challenge Day 2 – 1:30 to 3:30pm Saturday April 1st 2023
Please note: Super 10s will also include the Super 10s Support Program.
VENUE: Canberra Tennis World, 3 Riggall Pl, Lyneham ACT, 2602.
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION – SUPER 10s
As a guideline for participation in Super 10s, players should be able to perform the following green ball key competencies. If unsure, please speak to your child’s private coach to assess whether Super 10s is the appropriate competition for the player’s stage of development.
- Differentiate speed and spin on first and second serves
- Rally crosscourt for 10–15 shots varying height over the net, depth, speed and spin
- Use approach, drive volley, volley and overhead in an offensive way
- Keep great posture and maintain balance from a wide, narrow, and one-legged base
- Display independence: pack their own bag for matches and practice, and complete a regular warm-up routine and practice regularly without the coach
Age eligibility for Super 10s is as follows: All players must be 10 years old or under as of the Trial Day. Players turning 11 during the season will be eligible to complete the competition for that term.
- Click the event link below to begin the registration process.
- Select Register and then ‘ACT’ from the drop-down menu.
- You will be sent an email with username, National Member ID and a password reset.
- Once registered and logged in click on ‘events’ at the top of the page and select either ACT Super 10s Challenge Day #1, 2023 OR ACT Super 10s Challenge Day #2, 2023
*For those who have already obtained a revolutioniseSPORT log in, simply log in and then complete step 4 above.
For any issues regarding the Super 10’s registration process above please contact Gemma Harper at [email protected]
For any other information please contact Nathan Price, Talent Operations Manager- ACT.