What are Zone Squads?
Zone Squads are an important step on the Player Development Pathway by providing opportunities for talented players to come together to train in a competitive environment.
Players and their families have the chance to access many opportunities through Zone Squads including networking, education, training, match play, Strength & Conditioning, tournament support and assistance in navigating the tennis pathway from tournaments to college programs.
They also provide an opportunity for players to be considered for selection in State Development Squads.
The initial rollout of Zone Squads will take place across six states in the following locations. Additional locations will be added in the second phase of the program later in 2021:
- NSW: Metro Sydney and Regional
- Qld: Metro Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and Gladstone
- SA: Metro Adelaide, Riverland and Whyalla
- Tas: Launceston, Hobart (metro), Burnie, North-West Coast
- Vic: Bendigo, Traralgon and Geelong
- WA: Metro Perth, Geraldton and Busselton.
If you would like to learn more or are interested in signing up for a Zone Squad in your area, please check with your private coach and discuss with them how being involved in Zone Squad opportunities could be a great addition to your current tennis schedule.
You can register for more information via the below link: