2015 WA Tennis Industry Awards Night
Tennis West’s night of nights, the 2015 WA Tennis Industry Awards, was held on Friday 9 October at the stunning State Reception Centre, Kings Park. The event was once again proudly sponsored by Acton Cottesloe & Dalkeith.
The WA Tennis Industry Awards night is a prestigious event that celebrates tennis in Western Australia and recognises the outstanding achievements of our State’s junior and senior players, coaches, officials, administrators and volunteers of our great sport
Over 230 past and present players, sponsors, club members, board members and VIP’s including Hon. Tony Simpson MLA, Andrea Mitchell MLA, and Fed Cup Captain Alicia Molik, were treated to a fabulous evening of food, wine, award presentations and entertainment, commencing with champagne and canapes in the beautiful gardens of Kings Park.
Contortion act, Kinetica, alongside violinist Katherine Kruger, opened the event with a captivating routine, before Master of Ceremonies, Mr Peter Vlahos welcomed everyone to the event. This was followed by welcome speeches by Tennis West President, Greg Hutchinson, Andrea Mitchell MLA, CEO of Tennis West, Geoff Quinlan and major sponsor Acton Cottesloe & Dalkeith, represented by Rob Kilderry.
The Awards Presentations followed, and this year in particular, the calibre of nominees for each award category was outstanding, proving a difficult task for the Awards Selection Panel.
Tennis West would like to congratulate the following winners in each of the award categories:
- Snap Burswood Coaching Excellence: ANZ Tennis Hot Shots – Colin Thompson, Geraldton Tennis Club
- Centro Chambers Insurance Brokers Cottesloe Coaching Excellence: Club – Warren Vickers, Nedlands Tennis Club
- PAV Complete Event Solutions Coaching Excellence: Talent Development – John Thorpe, Dalkeith Tennis Club
- Laing O’Rourke Most Outstanding 35+ Senior – Margaret Robinson, Tennis Seniors WA & Wembley Downs TC
- KC Sports Most Outstanding School – Kingsley Primary School
- Event Style Most Outstanding Tournament – Esperance March Open
- Men’s State League Champions – Hensman Park Tennis Club
- Women’s State League Champions – Blue Gum Park Tennis Club
- Men’s State League MVP – Miles Armstrong, Greenwood Tennis Club
- Brinkhaus Jewellers Women’s State League MVP – Nina Catovic, Blue Gum Park Tennis Club
- Karen Bucens Award – Tristan Schoolkate, Tennis West Academy & Wembley Downs TC
- Junior Tennis Star – Maddison Inglis
- Current Electrical Volunteer Achievement Award – Geoffrey Pearce, Busselton Tennis Club
- Acton Cottesloe & Dalkeith Service to Tennis Award – John Ferguson, Midland & Lesmurdie Tennis Club
- Sportrophy Most Outstanding Club – Alexander Park Tennis Club & Onslow Park Tennis Club
Following the Award Presentations, guests had the opportunity to have their photos taken in the fantastic photobooth provided by VIP Lane, and dance to Perth’s most popular party band, Proof.
Photos from the event can be viewed at the following web gallery.
Password is: wat123
Photos from the Photobooth can be accessed at:
Just click on the Tennis West Function link.
The password is : Kr74bP
Tennis West would like to thank all of the generous sponsors of this event:
Acton Cottesloe & Dalkeith
Brinkhaus Jewellers, Sportrophy, Snap Burswood, KC Sports, PAV Complete Event Solutions, Centro Chambers Insurance Brokers Cottesloe, Event Style, Current Electrical Service and Laing O’Rourke.