Sport and Recreation Services’ “Get Playing Places and Spaces” and “Get Going Clubs” funding programs are currently OPEN.
A three year schedule has been announced to provide applicants with time to plan prior to the opening of each round. For more information go to: www.qld.gov.au/recreation/sports/funding/getinthegame/
The Get in the Game initiative includes a variety of grants to support sport and recreation at the grassroots level, which include:
- Get Started – vouchers of up to $150 to assist children and young people who can least afford to join a sport or recreation club.
- Get Going Clubs – funding of up to $7,500 for equipment and projects that improve access to sport and recreation activities. Eligible organisations can apply for funding of up to $7,500 for ONE project under ONE of three categories: participation projects, education and training and equipment.
- Get Playing Places and Spaces—funding of up to $100,000 for new or upgraded sport and recreation facilities. Eligible organisations can apply up to $100,000 (GST exclusive). Applicants will need to contribute a minimum of 20 per cent to the total eligible project costs.
- Get Playing Plus – funding between $300,000 and $1.5 million for new or upgraded sport and recreation facilities that meet regional and community needs.
- Young Athlete Travel Subsidy (YATS) – funding of up to $600 to support the attendance of people under the age of 18 years of age at specific State, National and International events.