“There's nothing more special than being out here representing Australia, especially on my birthday and with my best mate (Barty), with my team, with my family here, so it's really special and something I'll remember.”
— Casey Dellacqua, 11 Feb 2018
» Barty and Dellacqua seal victory for Australia
- Started learning to play tennis aged seven when her mum, Nita, and her nan put her in group lessons at Kingsley Tennis Club
- Played all sports as a child and always knew she wanted to be a professional athlete
- Proudest moments are when her parents, Nita, and father Kim, watch her play at major tournaments
- Made her Grand Slam debut at the 2003 Australian Open
- Made her Fed Cup debut for Australia in 2006
- Broke into the top 100 mid-way through 2007
- Joined the world’s top 50 for the first time in 2008, a season highlighted by fourth-round showing at Australian Open
- Reached the final of the women’s doubles at the 2008 French Open, partnering Francesca Schiavone
- Represented Australia at the Beijing Olympics in 2008
- Underwent shoulder surgery in early 2009 and missed the rest of the season; missed most of 2010 due to foot surgery
- Cracked the WTA doubles top 10 in May 2009
- Claimed the mixed doubles title at the 2011 French Open, partnering American Scott Lipsky
- In 2011 secured a record breaking six ITF Futures Pro Circuit titles in a row, all on home soil
- Cracked the top 50 in singles with an impressive 2014 that featured final 16 performances at the Australian Open and US Open
- Doubles finalist with Ash Barty at the Australian Open, Wimbledon and US Open in 2015
- Suffered a nasty fall on court that saw her miss most of 2016; doubles ranking was World No.5 at the time of the injury
- Made a great doubles return in 2017, reaching the quarter finals at the Australian Open and Wimbledon and runner-up at Roland Garros
- Watches AFL (Carlton fan), cricket and V8 Supercars in her spare time.
- Enjoys sleeping, shopping, hanging out with friends and family and reading.
- Favourite movie is Dirty Dancing.
- Favourite actor is Brad Pitt.
- Favourite music is hip-hop and R&B.
Year-end singles ranking history
2013 Bendigo #1 ITF, Bendigo #2 ITF
2012 Fukuoka ITF
2011 Bundaberg ITF, Cairns ITF, Darwin ITF, Esperance ITF, Kalgoorlie ITF, Traralgon ITF, Bendigo ITF
2010 Mildura ITF
2007 Melbourne ITF, Perth ITF, Kalgoorlie ITF, Bronx, New York ITF
2006 Mount Gambier ITF, Port Pirie ITF
2005 Mackay ITF, Rockhampton ITF, Port Pirie ITF
2004 Warrnambool ITF
2003 Dalby ITF
2007 Calvia, Spain ITF, Fukuoka, Japan ITF
2006 Traralgon ITF, Melbourne ITF
2005 Hamanako, Japan ITF
Casey Dellacqua in the news
Perth schoolboy Zachary Viiala and Gold Coast schoolgirl Hana Sonton are preparing to fly to Paris after being selected as the Australian representatives for the 2018 Longines…
Now Australia's third-ranked singles player, Sam Stosur will be happy either competing on court for Australia or cheering from the sidelines during this weekend's Fed…
Casey Dellacqua has brought down the curtain on a glittering 16-year pro career that featured a top-30 singles ranking, seven WTA doubles titles and Grand Slam success.
Australia will host Netherlands in a Fed Cup World Group Play-off tie in April, with the winner advancing to the eight-nation World Group in 2019.