Volunteer Achievement Award
Nominees must show they:
- are part of the club/association committee of management and have been for a minimum of three years;
- work on an entirely voluntary basis and have done so for the 12 months prior to nomination;
- have fostered relationships within and between the club/association and the community;
- have made a considerable contribution to the sport, specifically in the area of delivering more active players;
- have performed various roles within the club/association;
- have demonstrated significant achievement while in the roles held within the club/association;
- the nomination is supported by at least one member of the current management committee; and
- have provided documentary evidence to substantiate meeting the selection criteria, such things as letters of thanks, supporting evidence from current administrators of the club/association, publications depicting the nominee’s position within the club/association.
Members are encouraged to nominate colleagues.
The selection panel will give consideration to the following in assessing and comparing nominations:
- endorsement (written or verbal) to be provided by executive committee, operating committee, working party, or advisory body;
- the type and success of programs promoted, the level of increased community awareness and participation levels;
- the track record of increased participation levels from beginners to full playing members; and
- the leadership qualities shown in building and/or maintaining facilities and/or operating procedures.
All entries must supply a minimum of three high-resolution photos and/or video footage supporting their nomination.
Make a nomination
Nominations for the 2013 Newcombe Medal, Australian Tennis Awards have now closed.
The selection panel will be made up of the following:
- Tennis Australia Community Relations Manager
- Member Association Community Tennis Manager or Member Association CEO
- Member Association representative
All decisions in relation to the Volunteer Achievement Award (including any questions in relation to eligibility) will be determined by the selection panel in its absolute discretion. All decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Any matters which arise and which are not covered in this document will be determined by the selection panel in consultation with Tennis Australia Management.
- Nominations open – June 2013
- Nominations close – 7 October 2013
- The award period is from 1 December 2012 to 7 October 2013
- The Awards Night will be held in Melbourne on 2 December 2013
Requirements of award recipients
The successful recipient will be required to fulfill the following items upon reasonable request:
- participate in marketing and promotional activities in the 12 months following the award; and
- prepare an article for the Australian Tennis Magazine. Tennis Australia will provide editorial assistance.