Most Outstanding Tournament
To be eligible for consideration for the Most Outstanding Tournament, the tournament must show that it:
- is a Pro Tour, Australian Money Tournament or Optus Junior Tour event;
- held the final day of the tournament between the award period;
- is a Tennis Australia sanctioned event and is affiliated with their Member Association;
- has undertaken media and promotional activities;
- has complied with all rules and regulations as set by Tennis Australia and/or the International Tennis Federation;
- has offered players social activities and player amenities to a high standard allowing for a positive tournament atmosphere;
- implemented strategies to engage the local community with the tournament;
- obtained sponsorship for the tournament and implemented strategies to service these sponsors;
- fully utilised the Tournament Planner (TP) software program and Active Network online registration system in coordinating their tournament (relevant only to AMT and OJT events);
- have a pro-active tournament committee; and
- received an endorsement letter from their relevant Member Association in support of their application.
The selection panel will give consideration to the following in assessing and comparing nominations:
- the type, volume and level of success of media and promotional activities undertaken;
- the type of social activities and the standard of player amenities provided, and how this contributed to a positive tournament atmosphere;
- the type and success of strategies engaging the local community with the tournament;
- the standard of the tournament sponsorship program and the level of service provided to the sponsors;
- the level of pro-activity shown by the tournament committee and the success of the pro-active actions; and
- demonstrated leadership, innovation and creativity overall.
All entries must supply a minimum of three high-resolution photos and/or video footage supporting their nomination.
Make a nomination
Nominations for the 2013 Newcombe Medal, Australian Tennis Awards have now closed.
The selection panel will be made up of the following:
- Tennis Australia tournaments department representative/s
- Member Association representative
- A player representative
Selectors will choose one winner and if no entries are judged to have reached a sufficiently high standard they may advise they have made no award.
All decisions in relation to the Most Outstanding Tournament award (including any questions in relation to eligibility) will be determined by the selection panel in its absolute discretion. All decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Any matters which arise and which are not covered in this document will be determined by the selection panel in consultation with Tennis Australia Management.
- Nominations open – June 2013
- Nominations close – 7 October 2013
- The award period is from 1 November 2012 to 7 October 2013
- The Awards Night will be held in Melbourne on 2 December 2013
Requirements of award recipients
The successful recipients will be required to fulfill the following items upon reasonable request:
- participate in marketing and promotional activities in the 12 months following the award;
- prepare an article for the Australian Tennis Magazine. Tennis Australia will provide editorial assistance.