Most Outstanding Tennis Community
The Tennis Community must show that its community clubs:
- are affiliated with a Member Association where applicable;
- can demonstrate an inviting culture, accessibility and the ability to attract players/members;
- employ/engage qualified TA Coach members;
- have completed Club Health Check (CERM) data collection;
- provide a range of programs to the public/community;
- promote social integration and inclusion; and
- promote participation/competition opportunities for the whole area/community.
The selection panel will give consideration to the following in assessing and comparing nominations:
- an audit of all tennis venues/clubs by an independent company;
- demonstration of membership retention/growth via MA registration (for clubs);
- the Local Government application response/support;
- the results of the clubs in the Community, using Club Health Check benchmarking against national medians for clubs in the same groups;
- quality of venues and infrastructure within the Community;
- non-tennis services available to tennis club members in the area (e.g. equipment);
- the level and type of support for the community’s club from community leaders;
- participation/competition statistics provided for the identified community; and
- Mayor/council CEO endorsement.
All entries must supply a minimum of three high-resolution photos and/or video footage supporting their nomination.
Make a nomination
Nominations for the 2013 Newcombe Medal, Australian Tennis Awards have now closed.
The selection panel will be made up of the following:
- Tennis Australia Community Tennis Manager
- National Programs Manager
- Manager Places to Play
- Member Association representative
All decisions in relation to the Most Outstanding Tennis Community award (including any questions in relation to eligibility) will be determined by the selection panel in its absolute discretion. All decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Any matters which arise and which are not covered in this document will be determined by the selection panel in consultation with Tennis Australia Management.
- Nominations open – June 2013
- Nominations close – 7 October 2013
- The award period is from 1 December 2012 to 7 October 2013
- The Awards Night will be held in Melbourne on 2 December 2013
Requirements of award recipients
The successful recipients will be required to fulfill the following items upon reasonable request:
- participate in marketing and promotional activities in the 12 months following the award;
- prepare an article for the Australian Tennis Magazine. Tennis Australia will provide editorial assistance.