Most Outstanding School
The school must demonstrate:
- a Tennis Australia qualified coach is aligned to the school;
- it has a dedicated staff member assigned to tennis;
- ANZ Tennis Hot Shots is delivered in the school (if appropriate);
- there is a link with the Community Tennis Officer and the Tennis Australia State Tennis Association;
- it is an official National School Partnership Program venue (if appropriate) or demonstrates links between the school, coach and local club;
- intra and/or inter school competition pathway is being delivered;
- students are part of the Tennis Australia National Pathway (if appropriate); and
- that tennis is incorporated into the curriculum
The nomination may come from the school involved in the program, a Tennis Australia qualified coach, Tennis Australia registered ANZ Tennis Hot Shots provider, parent of the school or a State Tennis Association.
The selection panel will give consideration to the following in assessing and comparing nominations:
- how committed and active the school has been in demonstrating their embracement of tennis into the school environment including teachers (professional development, implementation and relationship building with external partners) and students (leadership values, registration and enthusiasm for the sport)
- how active the school has been with initiatives which have been set up to enhance the sport at a local level;
- the overall experience by the student involved in the program;
- demonstration of an increase in the number of students participating and then going onto local community based programs;
- how the school provides a pathway for opportunities to go to the next level (community, competition and elite);
- consideration given to the performance of the school in the respective team tennis competition;
- consideration given to the athletes of the school (if applicable) and their individual results; and
- consideration given to the overall tennis pathway through the school from P-12 (if applicable).
All entries must supply a minimum of three high-resolution photos and/or video footage supporting their nomination.
The selection panel will be made up of the following:
- Tennis Hot Shots Leader
- Tennis Hot Shots Schools Coordinator
- Tennis Australia Coach Development Manager
- Member Association representative
All decisions in relation to the Most Outstanding School award (including any questions in relation to eligibility) will be determined by the selection panel in its absolute discretion. All decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Any matters which arise and which are not covered in this document will be determined by the selection panel in consultation with Tennis Australia Management.
Make a nomination
Nominations for the 2013 Newcombe Medal, Australian Tennis Awards have now closed.
- Nominations open – June 2013
- Nominations close – 7 October 2013
- The award period is from 1 December 2012 to 7 October 2013
- The Awards Night will be held in Melbourne on 2 December 2013
Requirements of award recipients
The successful recipients will be required to fulfill the following items upon reasonable request:
- participate in marketing and promotional activities in the 12 months following the award;
- prepare an article for the Australian Tennis Magazine. Tennis Australia will provide editorial assistance.