Most Outstanding Club
The club must show that it:
- is affiliated with a Member Association;
- has completed Club Health Check (CERM) data collection;
- is accessible to the public;
- has implemented Tennis Australia programs and competitions; and
- employs/engages qualified Tennis Australia coach members.
The selection panel will give consideration to the following in assessing and comparing nominations:
- The direct customer feedback the club has received via independent responses from customers and members. Responses may be sought via a customer phone survey and mystery shopper visit
- The results of the club’s Club Health Check against national medians for clubs in the same group
- Demonstration of membership retention/growth via Member Association registrations
- Level of the club’s accessibility to the community
- Financial sustainability of the tennis club
- Range and quality of programs delivered including pathways for junior tennis players, Cardio Tennis, Community Play and Hot Shots tournaments and competitions
All entries must supply a minimum of three high-resolution photos and/or video footage supporting their nomination.
Make a nomination
Nominations for the 2013 Newcombe Medal, Australian Tennis Awards have now closed.
The selection panel will be made up of the following:
- Tennis Australia Participation Manager
- National Programs Manager
- Manager Places to Play
- Member Association representative
All decisions in relation to the Most Outstanding Club award (including any questions in relation to eligibility) will be determined by the selection panel in its absolute discretion. All decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Any matters which arise and which are not covered in this document will be determined by the selection panel in consultation with Tennis Australia Management.
- Nominations open – June 2013
- Nominations close – 7 October 2013
- The award period is from 1 December 2012 to 7 October 2013
- The Awards Night will be held in Melbourne on 2 December 2013
Requirements of award recipients
The successful recipients will be required to fulfill the following items upon reasonable request:
- Participate in marketing and promotional activities in the 12 months following the award;
- Prepare an article for the Australian Tennis Magazine. Tennis Australia will provide editorial assistance.