Junior Athlete of the Year
- nominees must be 18 years and under as at the end of the award period;
- nominees must be a citizen of, or hold permanent residency on Australia.
The selection panel will give consideration to the following in assessing and comparing nominees:
- ranked number 1 in their age group (ATP/WTA/ITF/AR);
- demonstrated record playing for Australia (if applicable);
- appropriate and commendable attitude; and
- has complied with all rules and conducts set by Tennis Australia.
All entries must supply a minimum of three high-resolution photos and/or video footage supporting their nomination.
Make a nomination
Nominations for the 2013 Newcombe Medal, Australian Tennis Awards are now closed.
The selection panel will be made up of the following:
- The Tennis Australia National Junior Selectors
All decisions in relation to the Junior Athlete of the Year award (including any questions in relation to eligibility) will be determined by the selection panel in its absolute discretion. All decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Any matters which arise and which are not covered in this document will be determined by the selection panel in consultation with Tennis Australia Management.
- Nominations open – June 2013
- Nominations close – 7 October 2013
- The award period is from 12 October 2012 to 7 October 2013
- The Awards Night will be held in Melbourne on 2 December 2013
Requirements of award recipients
The successful recipients will be required to fulfill the following items upon reasonable request:
- participate in marketing and promotional activities in the 12 months following the award;
- prepare an article for the Australian Tennis Magazine. Tennis Australia will provide editorial assistance.