Coaching Excellence – Talent Development
To be eligible for consideration, the nominee must:
- be delivering a quality, holistic coaching program which focuses on the technical, tactical, physical and psychological development of high performance junior athletes – primarily 12 years and under;
- be currently coaching junior athletes who have achieved outstanding results during the award period (i.e. State, National or International level athletes);
- travel to tournaments with his/her high performance junior athletes; and,
- engage in Project Talent and be involved as a Talent Development Coach
Nominees may self nominate or be nominated by another person (note: if you self-nominate you will require a seconder to support your nomination).
Only Tennis Australia Talent Development Coaches will be considered.
The selection panel will consider the following in assessing nominations:
Note: information regarding the athlete’s and coach’s program will remain confidential and will only be seen by the selection panel.
|Talent Development program provided by the coach including but not limited to:
|Development of athletes as evidenced by participation in State, National and International level events (i.e. ,Nationals and Super 10s), results, rankings and ranking improvement.
|Quality and quantity of athletes participating in Project Talent programs during the award period
|Submission of one athlete’s program including but not limited to:
|Attendance at junior state and national tournaments
|Involvement in Project Talent which may include:
|Note: All entries must supply video footage supporting their nomination.
The selection panel will consist of:
- Tennis Australia Coach and Talent Development Manager or delegated representative
- Tennis Australia – Project Talent Leader
- Tennis Australia Athlete Development representative
- National Coaching Advisory Group representative
- Member Association representative
Only information provided by the nominee with their nomination form will be considered by the selection panel. Nominees should attach any relevant additional information with their nomination form.
All decisions in relation to the Coaching Excellence – Talent Development Coach award (including any questions in relation to eligibility) will be determined by the selection panel in its absolute discretion. All decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Any matters which arise and which are not covered in this document will be determined by the selection panel in consultation with Tennis Australia Management.
- Nominations open – June 2013
- Nominations close – 7 October 2013
- The award period is from 1 January 2013 to 7 October 2013
- The Awards Night will be held in Melbourne on 2 December 2013
Requirements of award recipient
The successful recipient will be required to fulfill the following upon reasonable request:
- participate in marketing and promotional activities in the 12 months following the award
- prepare an article for the Australian Tennis Magazine. Tennis Australia will provide editorial assistance.
- If required, present a session during the 2014 Australian Grand Slam® Coaches’ Conference.