Coaching Excellence – Tennis Hot Shots
To be eligible for consideration, the nominee must:
- be a current Tennis Hot Shots Coach and Tennis Australia qualified coach member
- offer a Tennis Hot Shots program that includes the three core components:
- reflects the “learning through play” philosophy
- uses scaled equipment and courts (i.e. smaller courts, racquets and low compression balls)
- provides a developmental pathway with red, orange and green progressive stages
- be actively involved in his/her club/facility in growing the game of tennis;
- actively seek and foster positive relationships with local schools and the general community; and
- provide opportunities for players to compete in relevant Tennis Hot Shots competition formats.
Nominees may self nominate or be nominated by another person (note: if you self-nominate you will require a seconder to support your nomination).
The selection panel will consider the following in assessing nominations:
|1||Tennis Hot Shots coaching program provided|
|2||Roles and responsibilities at Club/Centre|
|3||Contribution to Club/Community|
|4||Total number of registered Tennis Hot Shots participants in My Tennis|
|5||Retention rate of Tennis Hot Shots participants from Term 1 to Term 2 to Term 3 in the award period|
|6||Opportunities provided for talented red, orange and green stage players (e.g., performance squads)|
|7||Coach driven opportunities to play Tennis Hot Shots competition/tournaments (e.g., intra club and challenges)|
|8||Number of Tennis in School sessions provided by the coach (or coaching business) and participants logged in My Tennis|
|9||System in place to transition players from schools to club program and evidence of adopting community play and Hot Shots Tournaments|
|10||Qualifications of Tennis Hot Shots coaching staff|
|11||Professional development opportunities accessed by coach and Tennis Hot Shots coaching staff|
|12||Coaching business website with reference to Tennis Hot Shots|
|13||Sample Tennis Hot Shots marketing material|
|14||Sample Tennis Hot Shots communication material to customers|
|15||Video of Tennis Hot Shots skill development sessions – red, orange and green stages (total length of 30 minutes)|
|16||Video of competition play (15 minutes)|
The selection panel will consist of:
- Tennis Hot Shots Project Leader
- Tennis Hot Shots Program Manager
- Tennis Australia Coach Development representative
- Member Association representative
Only information provided by the nominee with their nomination form will be considered by the selection panel. Nominees should attach any relevant additional information with their nomination form. As part of the selection process, the three finalists may receive a site visit to observe Tennis Hot Shots in action at their club/centre.
All decisions in relation to the Coaching Excellence – Tennis Hot Shots award (including any questions in relation to eligibility) will be determined by the selection panel in its absolute discretion. All decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Any matters which arise and which are not covered in this document will be determined by the selection panel in consultation with Tennis Australia Management.
- Nominations open – June 2013
- Nominations close – 7 October 2013
- The award period is from 1 December 2012 to 7 October 2013
- The Awards Night will be held in Melbourne on 2 December 2013
Requirements of award recipients
The successful recipients will be required to fulfill the following items upon reasonable request:
- participate in marketing and promotional activities in the 12 months following the award;
- prepare an article for the Australian Tennis Magazine. Tennis Australia will provide editorial assistance.