KEY DATES – SEASON #3 2021
The Super 10s is a competition for leading 10 and under tennis players in the State of WA. The competition commences with a Challenge Day where children are evaluated by managers on court. From the Challenge Day and from most recent tournament results, the best 16 boys and 16 girls are selected, and these players are divided into 4 teams of 4 players. The teams are assigned a team manager who will be on court with them throughout the season to provide advice and support.
|Saturday August 14th 2021||Challenge Day||1:00pm – 5:00pm ( may be split pending numbers)||State Tennis Centre|
|Saturday August 28th 2021||Round 1||1:00pm – 3:00pm||Robertson Park Tennis Centre|
|Saturday September 4th 2021||Round 2||1:00pm – 3:00pm||State Tennis Centre|
|Saturday September 11th 2021||Round 3||1:00pm – 3:00pm||Robertson Park Tennis Centre|
|Saturday September 18th 2021||Round 4||1:00pm-3:00pm||State Tennis Centre|
School holiday break/local tournaments.
|Saturday October 23rd 2021||Round 5||1:00pm-3:00pm||State Tennis Centre|
|Saturday October 30th 2021||Round 6||1:00pm – 3:00pm||State Tennis Centre|
|Saturday November 6th 2021||Round 7||1:00pm – 3:00pm||State Tennis Centre|
|Saturday November 13th 2021||Round 8||1:00pm – 3:00pm||State Tennis Centre|
*Rain out date: Sunday November 14th 2021 – 1:00pm-3:00pm at the State Tennis Centre .
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION
As a guideline for participation in Super 10s, players should be able to perform the following green ball key competencies. If unsure, please speak to your child’s private coach to assess whether Super 10s is the appropriate competition for the player’s stage of development.
- Rally at least 15 shots up and down the middle of the court.
- Serve with a variety of spin and pace.
- Be competent at hitting slice and topspin
- Be able to move the ball around the court with purpose.
- Have a good attitude on court by showing respect to the game and their opponent.
- Players should have competitive experience using a green ball.
- Display independence; pack their own bag for matches and practice, and complete a regular warm-up routine and practice regularly without the coach.
In addition to the Challenge Day, players will be selected based on results in tournaments and results in league matches. Players who do not compete in either league matches or tournaments will not be considered for the Super 10s competition.
ALL players must be 10 years old on the Challenge Day, however under the new extended structure of the Super 10s, players can now turn 11 during the season. The season has extended into two school terms allowing for a greater period of team match play alongside team managers. We are staying in alliance with the Tennis West League Rules and Age Eligibility. *Playing Age Restrictions, Section 5.4 – section b) Junior competitions, players shall be the specified age or under on the day of commencement of the competition. E.g. 10 years old on the day of Super 10s Challenge day. However they can turn 11 years old after the Challenge day.
A total cost of $220 for the season and $30 for the challenge day. This if for those players that are successful in making a team (16 boys and 16 girls). Those players who are successful in making a team will be invoiced by Tennis Australia.
1. Click the following link – revolutioniseSPORT Registration Link
2. Select Register and then ‘Western Australia’ from the drop down menu.
3. You will be sent an email with user name, National Member ID and a password reset.
4. Once registered and logged in click on ‘events’ at the top of the page and select WA – Super 10s Season 3 Challenge Day, 2021
Please note registrations will close COB: 5pm on Friday 6th August 2021.
For any issues regarding the Super 10’s registration process above please contact Gemma Harper at [email protected].
For any other information please contact Emma Hayman, Talent Operations Manager WA.
E: [email protected]
M: 0424 741 154