KEY DATES – SEASON #1 2021
The Super 10s is a competition for leading 10 and under tennis players in the State of WA. The competition commences with a Challenge Day where children are evaluated by managers on court. From the Challenge Day and from most recent tournament results, the best 16 boys and 16 girls are selected, and these players are divided into 4 teams of 4 players. The teams are assigned a team manager who will be on court with them throughout the season to provide advice and support. All players must be 10 years old for the duration of the season.
There are 3 round robin matches and one final match for placings.
|Saturday March 6th 2021||Challenge Day||11:00am – 5:00pm ( may be split pending numbers)|
|Saturday March 13th 2021||Round 1||3:00pm – 5:00pm|
|Saturday March 20th 2021||Round 2 & 3||1:00pm – 3:00pm & 3:30pm-5:30pm|
|Saturday March 27th 2021||Round 4||1:00pm – 3:00pm|
*Rain out date: Sunday March 28th 2021 – 1:00pm-3:00pm
To be confirmed after the Super 10s Challenge Day on Saturday March 6th 2021.
VENUE: The State Tennis Centre – 282 Victoria Park Drive, Burswood WA 6100
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION
As a guideline for participation in Super 10s, players should be able to perform the following green ball key competencies. If unsure, please speak to your child’s private coach to assess whether Super 10s is the appropriate competition for the player’s stage of development.
- Rally at least 15 shots up and down the middle of the court.
- Serve with a variety of spin and pace.
- Be competent at hitting slice and topspin
- Be able to move the ball around the court with purpose.
- Have a good attitude on court by showing respect to the game and their opponent.
- Players should have competitive experience using a green ball.
- Display independence; pack their own bag for matches and practice, and complete a regular warm-up routine and practice regularly without the coach.
In addition to the Challenge Day, players will be selected based on results in tournaments and results in league matches. Players who do not compete in either league matches or tournaments will not be considered for the Super 10s competition.
Age eligibility for Super 10s is as follows: Athletes are able to apply for Super 10s provided they do not turn 11 before the Final round in their environment. I.e. athletes must be 10 or younger for the entirety of the season.
1. Click the following link – revolutioniseSPORT Registration Link
2. Select Register and then ‘Western Australia’ from the drop down menu.
3. You will be sent an email with user name, National Member ID and a password reset.
4. Once registered and logged in click on ‘events’ at the top of the page and select WA – Super 10s Season 1, 2021
Please note registrations will close COB: Wednesday 3rd March 2021.
For any issues regarding the Super 10’s registration process above please contact Gemma Harper at [email protected].
For any other information please contact Emma Hayman, Talent Operations Manager WA.
E: [email protected]
M: 0424 741 154