Growing tennis is at the heart of everything we do…
We are developing a new plan to get more people to play tennis more often and we need your help to do it.
We have three main objectives:
- To inspire more people to play tennis more often and in doing so strengthen our clubs, venues and coaches.
- To create a strong talent pipeline so we can continue to develop Australian champions at the highest level of our game.
- To grow the fan base of our events to inspire further participation and increase investment back into our sport.
As we emerge from the pandemic, we are at a critical juncture to move forward:
- Participation rates have stabilised over the past five years, after a broader decline across many sports
- We experienced a 30 per cent increase in participation during the pandemic mostly among adult casual players
- We have a diverse tennis community in our country but still have a long way to go to reach good representation levels in some sections of society.
It’s Game On for the future of Australian Tennis!
Have your Say
The participation strategy project is an opportunity to address the challenges we face in getting more people to play more often. It is also an opportunity for you to have your say and tell us what really matters to you.
We want to hear about your experiences with our sport and how you think Australian tennis can evolve.
You can have your say by completing our survey or registering for an Australian Tennis Community Town Hall.
25 July: Project begins
August: Baseline where tennis is at today
September: Gather feedback on our aspiration and objectives as a sport
October: Gather feedback on the emerging strategy
November: Develop a roadmap and align the operating model.