Learn 2 Lead
Tennis Australia’s Learn 2 Lead youth leadership program aims to equip young women and gender diverse young people aged 14-18 with leadership skills and confidence to lead change in their local tennis communities.
- Equip young women and gender diverse young people in tennis with life and leadership skills to build their self confidence
- Embed youth voices in local tennis communities
- Engage more young women and gender diverse young people in leadership opportunities within tennis
- Ensure the program is truly inclusive – particularly culturally, socio-economically and geographically
Young women or gender diverse young people aged 14-18 who want to:
- Build life and leadership skills
- Feel confident and unlock you own power to step into leadership positions at your club
- Increase youth voices and gender equality in local tennis communities
- Connect with like-minded young people
We are particularly keen to receive applications from young people from regional areas and young people from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, LGBTQ+ and living with disability.
- Learn 2 Lead is an 8-week youth leadership program which includes a mix of online and face to face experiences.
- Up to 12 young people in your state/territory aged 14-18 years will be accepted into the program.
- You’ll be supported by youth leadership experts, two two learning journey check- ins, an online platform with resources and a supportive community of like-minded young people!
- This program is valued at $2,000 and is fully subsided by an Australian Sports Commission federal government grant. The participant will not incur any cost.
- Regional travel subsidies are available.
- Are aged between 14-18 at time of application
- Identify as female, non-binary or gender diverse
- Are currently involved in your local Tennis Australia affiliated venue/club
- Have a nomination from your club president, coach, supervisor or committee member
How do I apply?
Pilot programs are being held in NSW and Queensland. Follow the links below to apply:
If you are interested in participating in the 2024 Learn 2 Lead program, please complete an Expression of Interest form.
Your local Women & Girls Lead will be in touch will more information.
The Learn 2 Lead program is proudly supported by an Australian Sports Commission federal government grant.