Tennis Victoria is pleased to announce another round of Female Participation Grant offerings aiming to address the challenges of female participation. Available to affiliates and Victorian Tennis Australia qualified Coach members at affiliated venues, grants between $2,000 and $5,000 will be on offer.
Tennis Victoria is committed to ensuring there are frameworks in place to foster the growth of female participation and these grants will hopefully provide a small stepping stone. The money is designed to assist grant recipients fund their great ideas.
Who is eligible to apply?
Funding is available for all clubs, centres, associations and associate bodies affiliated with Tennis Victoria and Victorian Tennis Australia qualified Coach members at affiliated venues.
Priority will be given to applicants who agree and can demonstrate the following:
- Your program will increase female participation in one of the 5 identified life stages (Youth (12-17), Young Adults (18-24), Adults (25+) with no children, Parents and Retirees)*
- Is innovative and considers both on court and off court elements of the program.
- Participant data needs to be added to either My Tennis or League Manager.
- Completion of an evaluation report (template to be provided).
- Findings from your project are to be shared and promoted with the broader tennis community.
- Use of #changeourgame and/or #girlsmakeyourmove as well as acknowledgement of Tennis Victoria as a supporter of the program, where appropriate.
What won’t be funded:
- No retrospective funding is available for an activity that has already taken place or has already commenced at the time of these grants becoming available.
- Initiatives that have been funded via this grant program previously.
- Initiatives which are targeted at girls <11.
All programs must be completed by June 30, 2019. Applications close at 11pm Sunday 27th May, 2018.
How Can I apply?
- The application is a simple online survey that can be found here.
- If you would like assistance in applying for a Female Participation grant, please contact your Participation Leader
- Looking for some inspiration? Why not visit our gamesetmatch website*Further details on Participation Life stages can be found at https://www.vichealth.vic.gov.au/media-and-resources/publications/life-stages
Take a look at one of the successful Female Participation grant recipients from last year