What is Future Leaders?
Tennis Victoria’s Future Leaders Program enables our next generation of volunteers to work closely with our local tennis clubs in creating welcoming environments on and off the tennis court.
- Is designed for Year 10 and 11 students, who are passionate about tennis and want to develop their leadership skills
- Provides participants with the opportunity to make a difference at their local tennis club
As part of the program, participants will:
- Attend a three day camp, to develop important teamwork and leadership skills and work with our team here at Tennis Victoria to develop a project plan to take back to their tennis club to complete.
- Work with their club to complete a minimum of 40 hours work in completing the project
- Upon completion, participants are invited to attend a graduation hosted by Tennis Victoria in recognition for all their hard work.
Why become a Future Leader?
✔ Make a positive change at your tennis club
✔ Build leadership skills, confidence & self-esteem
✔ Make new friends with like-minded people within the tennis community
✔ Gain skills that can be used in all aspects of life
✔ Receive guidance from our team here at Tennis Victoria
Did you know?
Future Leaders has been running since 2001, and since that time we’ve had over 500 participants take part in the program, who have given back over 21,000 hours of volunteer time to local tennis clubs across Victoria.
Don’t take our word for it
Hear from two of our amazing Future Leaders, Silas Kingma (Gunbower TC) and Mia Stefanovska (Hume Tennis & Community Centre)
“My tennis club paid for me to complete the Future Leaders Program, I enjoyed my 40 hour project and now aim to start a junior committee at my tennis club to organise more programs.”
– Brigette Jennings, Future Leaders Program Graduate