No change to current lock down restrictions for community tennis. Lock down restrictions will stay in place now until 11:59pm Thursday 10 June.
Tennis can return from Friday 4 June, with restrictions:
- Junior (people aged 18 and under) competition is permitted. Limited to the minimum number of people required to participate in and facilitate the activity.
- Spectators are only permitted for the purposes of supervising children or dependants.
- Adults can return for training purposes.
- Venues have a maximum patron cap of 50 people per venue for outdoor physical recreation.
- For coaches, group sizes are a maximum of 10 people.
- Density quotient of 1 person per 4sqm applies.
Unfortunately, indoor tennis centres must remain closed.
Please remind all visitors to your venues to check in via the Service Victoria QR code.
Tennis Victoria Pennant
As communicated on 27 May 2021, Round 6 of Pennant was cancelled and recorded as a washout. With the lock down restrictions continuing for Metropolitan Melbourne, Round 7 (to be held this coming weekend) is postponed.
Junior Development Series
The Tennis Victoria Junior Development Series (JDS) 10/u Clay Court Championships at Royal Avenue, Sandringham to be held on Sunday 6 June 2021 is now postponed and will be held on Sunday 18 July 2021. More information relating to this will be shared in due course.
The Victorian Government announced today that they will be extending their financial support for eligible businesses. Clubs and coaches are encouraged to register their interest in the Business Costs Assistance Program at business.vic.gov.au.
The program provides grants for eligible employing and non-employing businesses in sectors most impacted. This includes businesses operating in an industry that cannot operate under the circuit breaker restrictions and which cannot work remotely.
The program will open for applications on Thursday 3 June 2021 and will remain open for three weeks.
Please remind all visitors to your venues to check in via the Service Victoria QR code and to practice the COVIDSafe principles. Ensure your COVIDSafe Plan is active and up to date.