The below message was sent to Tennis Victoria affiliates on Friday 11 September.
Following State Government’s announcement of the COVID-19 Recovery Roadmap, staff at Tennis Victoria have been in constant communication with Government to gain clarity on what the Roadmap means for tennis.
We are now able to share the following updates:
Stage 4 restrictions have been extended to 28 September 2020. Tennis activity is not permitted during this time.
We are advocating hard for a return to play from 28 September, but do not yet have confirmation of this from Government. We will update you as soon as we know more.
From midnight Monday 14 September, tennis can be played in groups of up to five participants from no more than two households.
What does this mean for tennis?
- Singles play with a member of your household or another household.
- Doubles play with three other participants from your household or one other household.
- Small group coaching with up to five members from two households
We have asked Government for clarity on the total numbers allowed at tennis venues but are yet to receive confirmation. Therefore, for now, the cap of 10 patrons for tennis venues must remain in place. We will advise you of any changes to this as soon as we hear from Government.
You can view the updated Community Tennis Guidelines for Regional Victoria here.
1. Don’t forget to apply for the State Government’s Community Sport Short-term Survival Package funding. The application form is straightforward and we are here to help if you need assistance. The vast majority of applicants will be successful, so for a small investment of your time it’s well worth it. Application details are here. Please do apply.
And don’t forget, the great news is that if you have already applied and been successful in the first round of this funding, you do not need to apply again. You will automatically receive:
- $500 [for Clubs]
- $1000 [for Associations]
Look out for this in your nominated bank account soon.
2. There are a range of additional funding opportunities available currently. We’ve compiled a list of these which you can view here.
3. Take a look at The Clubhouse on the Tennis Victoria website, it’s full of resources to support you.
We will continue to advocate for tennis to return as soon as possible and will send further updates as soon as we are able. We know this is a difficult time for everyone, please do stay safe and well – we are here to support you so please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Ruth Holdaway MBE
Chief Executive Officer