The 2017 Victorian Sport Awards are set to be announced on Wednesday 14 March with a number of tennis individuals named as finalists.
Of the 19 awards to be presented on the night, nine of them will have a Victorian tennis identity in contention.
The Victorian Sport Awards intend on honouring Victorians that have made a significant contribution to sport as an individual or team, administrators, coaches and volunteers.
The list of tennis finalists are below:
- Victorian Community Coach of the Year (Vicky Lee)
- Sports Administrator of the Year (Belinda Kleverlaan)
- Victorian Community Sporting Club of the Year (Boroondara Tennis Centre)
- Victorian Masters Sport Award (Glenn Busby)
- Victorian Young Team of the Year (14s National Champions team)
- Victorian Young Athlete of the Year (Destanee Aiava)
- Victorian Male Athlete of the Year (John Peers)
- Victorian Sport Development Initiative of the Year (Book a Court)
- Victorian Service to Community Sport and Recreation (David Stobart)
With many of the finalists awarded Victorian Tennis Awards last year, this proves what a sensational 12 months these individuals have had.
We would like to congratulate all of the finalists and wish them the very best for the night.
The awards will be held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre. For more information, click here.