Tennis Victoria is pleased to launch our first ever Social Media Photo Competition for players with a disability.
In conjunction with Sport & Recreation Victoria and Access for All Abilities (AAA) Play, Tennis Victoria is offering the chance to win an AO Experience for the person who uploads the best photo.
The competition is a chance to recognise our players and athletes with a disability, with the key theme being “it is harder to be what you can’t see, so look at this”.
How to win:
Step 1: Take a photo of yourself playing tennis anywhere in Victoria
Step 2: Post the photo on Facebook or Instagram (make sure your profile is public so we can see it)
Step 3: Tag @tennisvic and hashtag #AAAPlay
Step 4: The winners will be announced on 8 January and posted on Tennis Victoria’s social media pages
The prizes include:
1st: AO Experience
2nd: Player Pack
3rd: Fan Pack
The launch of the competition coincides with the 2019 Victorian Disability Sport and Recreation Festival which will be held today, December 3, from 10am – 3pm at the Crown Riverwalk.
“We are really excited to be able to run this competition for our players with a disability,” Tennis Victoria Project Leader – Inclusion, Danielle Lowerson said.
“The theme of the competition is ‘it is harder to be what you can’t see’, so it is important we give our players with a disability the chance to be seen.
“We are looking forward to seeing the creative posts that come through and giving one lucky player the chance to experience the Australian Open.”
Click below to view competition flyer.
To ensure posts are eligible, see full T&C’s below.
“Win an AO Experience” – Social Media Photo Competition
Schedule to Terms of Entry
|Name of Competition||“Win an AO Experience” – Social Media Photo Competition|
|Promoter||Victorian Tennis Association Incorporated (ABN 29 757 304 158) of AAMI Park (Entrance F), Olympic Boulevard, Melbourne VIC 3000 (Tennis Vic)|
|Entry Restrictions||The Competition is open to people with a disability. Where an entrant is under the age of 13 years old, the entrant’s entry must be posted on the social media page of a family member who is over the age of 13.|
|Competition Period||The Competition begins at 9:30am on 3 December 2019 AEDT
Entries into the Competition close at 5:00pm on 6 January 2020 AEDT.
|Entry Method||During the Competition Period:
Entries must be digital form on social media (Facebook or Instagram), physical copies will not be accepted.
|Maximum number of entries||Only two entries are permitted per person.|
|Judging Criteria||Photos will be judged by a panel consisting of representatives from Sport and Recreation Victoria, Tennis Victoria and AAA Play. The winner will be selected as the highest quality and/or most original photographic image as determined by the judging panel.|
|Prize Details||1st: AO Experience (total retail value: $516)
2nd: Player Pack (total retail value: $215)
3rd: Fan Pack (Total retail value: $68)
|Total Prize Pool||The package is valued at $799 (inc GST)|
|Notification of Winners||Winners will be announced and contacted via social media on 8 January 2020 and notified of how the prize will be delivered|
|Publication Details||Winning photos will be published on the Promoter’s social media pages.|
|Prize Claim Date and Time||1st Prize must be claimed by 5:00 pm AEDT on 20 January 2020
2nd Prize and 3rd Prize must be claimed by 5:00 pm AEDT on 6 February 2020
|Prize Delivery||The prize will be delivered to the winner by 20 January 2020 if claimed prior to this date|
Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. These terms must be read together with the Schedule for the Competition which defines certain terminology used in these terms and conditions. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms.
Eligibility to Enter
2. Entry is only open to persons residing in the Location who comply with the Entry Restrictions (if any). Entrants can only enter in their own name. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner to provide proof of age, identity, residential address and disability, in order to claim a prize. Proof of age, identification, residential address and disability considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Entrants may submit the Maximum number of entries.
3. If the Promoter considers that an Entrant does not comply with the Entry Restrictions, it may decline to consider an entry in its sole and absolute discretion.
4. Officers, contractors, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporates, or of its agencies or contractors involved with this Competition are ineligible to enter.
5. To enter the Competition, entrants must follow the Entry Method during the Competition Period. All entries received after this time are ineligible for entry into the Competition and no responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for lost, late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries claims or correspondence.
6. The prize/s will be awarded to the valid entrant or entrants (as applicable) which best meet the Judging Criteria, as determined by the judges, in accordance with the Prize Details. Entries that, in the Promoter’s judgment, contain offensive, defamatory or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate material or that infringe any third party rights will be invalid.
7. The Promoter’s decision and all matters pertaining to this Competition will be final. No correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
8. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
9. The prize/s are specified in the Prize Details. The total prize pool is specified in the Total Prize Pool section of the Schedule.
10. The prize/s are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. The prize values are accurate at the date of commencement of the Competition. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of a prize after that date. Refunds will not be made in respect to unused services or prizes. Where a prize, or part of a prize, is unavailable, the Promoter retains the right to substitute the prize (or part) with a prize (or part) of equal or greater value subject to relevant State and Territory regulations.
11. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
12. All costs associated with a prize not specifically included in the Prize Details including, but not limited to, any transport costs, transfer costs, meals, taxes, insurance and other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner (and their companion/s if applicable). In particular, airfares, transport and accommodation to and from the event for the 1st Prize (AO Experience) is not included in the prize and is at the winner’s expense and the winner’s responsibility to organise.
13. If a prize includes tickets to an event, all tickets are valid for the date or period as indicated on the tickets. All event tickets are issued subject to the relevant event ticket conditions of sale and entry. If any part of the event is abandoned, called off, varied or postponed for any reason, then at the Promoter’s discretion, the relevant winner (and their companion/s, if applicable) forfeits all rights to attend the relevant event. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any loss or damage suffered in these circumstances.
14. If a prize involves the winner meeting or attending a function with a celebrity or other public figure, the Promoter will not be liable for the failure of the winner (and their companion/s, if applicable) to meet that person or failure of that person to attend the function, for whatever reason.
15. The winner (and their companion/s if applicable) will be responsible for meeting all the entry requirements as well as any health or other government requirements for international travel including valid passports, necessary visas, travel authorizations, medical advice and recommended vaccinations and immunisations. Failure to fulfil these requirements may result in the prize being forfeited or any additional costs being incurred at the expense of the winner. The winner (and their companion/s if applicable) agrees to comply with any prevailing terms and conditions of the relevant transport carrier, accommodation provider, service provider, insurance provider and in particular any health, behaviour, age and safety requirements.
16. If a winner of a prize is under the age of 18 years (where entry by persons under 18 is permitted), the Promoter may, at its discretion, award the prize to the winner’s parent or guardian. The Promoter may, at its discretion, require any person taking any prize to be 18 years of age or over, or if a person is under the age of 18, require that that person be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian while taking the prize.
Notification and Collection of Prizes
17. The winner/s will be notified in accordance with the Notification of Winners section of the Schedule and have their full name and state of residence published in the manner set out in the Publication Details.
18. The winner/s must confirm their eligibility and contact the Promoter by the Prize Claim Date and Time. If any prize is not claimed by the Prize Claim Date and Time, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed to be invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to award the relevant prize/s to the next best valid entry or entries (as applicable) which meet the Judging Criteria, as determined by the judges, that has not already received a prize. If a prize is no longer capable of being redeemed, the new winner/s will receive a prize, as determined by the Promoter, of equivalent value (as if the original prize had been awarded to that person, less any administrative expenses incurred by the Promoter).
20. Each entrant must ensure that any other person whose details have been provided by the entrant to the Promoter for the purposes of the entrant’s participation in this Competition has given their implied or express consent for their details to be provided to the Promoter and any of its related bodies corporate and to be contacted by the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate in relation to this Competition.
21. Where the Competition is communicated on Facebook or Instagram, entrants and participants in the Competition acknowledge that the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook and entrants and participants in the competition release Facebook and its associated companies from all liability arising from the Competition. Entrants provide their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
22. Where the Competition is communicated on Facebook or Instagram, entrants must comply with any applicable terms and conditions of use imposed by Facebook and/or Instagram.
Discontinuance and Disqualification of Competition
23. The Promoter reserves the right to discontinue the Competition at any time and at its sole discretion may cancel, terminate, suspend or modify the Competition and/or, if necessary, to provide an alternative prize or prizes to the same value as an original prize or prizes. Any change to or cancellation of this Competition, for whatever reason, is subject to the written direction of all relevant legislative departments in the Location.
24. Without limiting the foregoing, the Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, can be considered objectionable, profane, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory, or any entrant whose entry is not compliant with these terms or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Competition and/or Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Competition.
25. All entries and materials submitted to the Promoter in connection with this Competition becomes the property of the Promoter and each entrant consents to the Promoter using the entrant’s entry, name, likeness, image, voice and/or participation in a prize (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing the Competition (including any outcome), and/or promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. Each entry must be the entrant’s original work and each entrant warrants that their entry is not, and its use by the Promoter will not be in breach of any third party intellectual property rights.
26. By submitting a photograph or video, entrants warrant that they own the copyright in the photograph or video or are otherwise permitted to submit the photograph or video and that they have all necessary permissions, rights and/or licences covering their use of material included in such photograph or video. Each entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter, and to keep the Promoter fully indemnified, for any loss, cost, expense that may be incurred or sustained by the Promoter as a result of any breach by an entrant of this warranty.
Exclusion of Liability
27. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies take no responsibility for the loss of, any damage to or delay in the transit of prize/s due to incorrect or imprecise delivery or contact details provided by an entrant.
28. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods or services offered as prizes.
29. The Promoter is not responsible for losses associated with any change to the value of any prizes.
30. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss suffered or sustained for personal injury or death or any loss suffered to personal property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangements for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the winner/s and where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winner.