Tennis Victoria is pleased to announce a pool of $50,000 is now available for affiliates and Victorian Tennis Australia qualified Coach members at affiliated venues to apply for grants between $2,000 and $5,000 to address the issue of female participation in tennis.
While tennis has traditionally been a gender equal sport, it is clear from the research and our own participation figures that girls and women access and play the sport differently to men. Currently there are gaps in our product offerings and we are seeing lower participation rates in areas such as 12-17 year old girls playing competition.
This money is therefore designed to generate some new ideas and allow applicants to expand on existing initiatives to help address this decline.
Who is eligible to apply?
Funding is available for all clubs, centres, associations and associate bodies affiliated with Tennis Victoria and Victorian Tennis Australia qualified Coach members at affiliated venues.
Priority will be given to applicants who agree and can demonstrate the following;
- Your program will increase female participation in one of the 6 identified life stages (Girls (5-11), Youth (12-17), Young Adults (18-24), Adults (25+) with no children, Parents and Retirees)*
- Participant data needs to be added to either My Tennis or League Manager.
- Completion of an evaluation report (template to be provided).
- Findings from your project are to be shared and promoted with the broader tennis community.
- Use of #changeourgame and acknowledgement of Tennis Victoria as a supporter of the program, where appropriate.
Please note – No retrospective funding is available for an activity that has already taken place or has already commenced at the time of these grants becoming available.
All programs must be completed by June 30, 2018.
Applications are now closed. Grant recipients will be notified shortly.