Registrations are now open for junior players wanting to play in the upcoming Tasmanian Super 10s season.
Super 10s is an exciting developmental competition for boys and girls, with a focus on team-based play and fostering developmental attributes and behaviours.
Players interested in participating in the Super 10s season will need to register via the Challenge Day link below.
Once registered, players will be provided the opportunity to attend a Challenge Day throughout Hobart & Launceston with qualified, experienced coaches and selectors.
WHY SUPER 10s?
- FUN! We are always smiling and enjoying ourselves, providing a positive learning environment
- PLAY! Playing the game (singles/doubles) in a competitive environment
- TEAM! Players compete as a team, with matching New Balance t-shirts
- COACHING! Tennis Australia-qualified coaches assisting and inspiring players prior to, during and after match play
- PROFESSIONAL! Parent education sessions, weekly communication emails and a well-organized program
- DEVELOPMENTAL! Each week players are encouraged to explore a different skill.
Challenge Days will be held in Launceston (Saturday 1 May) and Hobart (Sunday 2 May), with aspiring players required to attend the location they are based in.
The season will see Super 10s competitions in both locations on weekends, with the North-based Term 2 roster running on Saturdays across May and June, while the Hobart-based Term 2 and 3 roster will be held across eight Sunday from May to August.
“Super 10s is a great way for junior athletes in Tasmania to develop their skills and teamwork in an encouraging environment,” Tennis Tasmania Talent Development Manager Trent Constance said.
“Unique to the Super 10s, teams are appointed a Tennis Australia-qualified coach, impacting and assisting athletes whilst matches are in play.”
Players must be born in either 2011, 2012 or 2013, or be 10 years old or younger at August 31st 2021 (Hobart-based roster) and June 30th 2021 (North-based roster)
For more information, please contact Trent Constance at [email protected]