Super 10s is an exciting competition for boys and girls who are born in either 2007, 2008 or 2009 with a focus on team-based play and fostering developmental attributes and behaviours.
Players interested in participating in the Super 10s season will need to register via the link below. Once registered, players will be provided the opportunity to attend training days throughout late October with qualified, experienced coaches and selectors. The dates of these Challenge days as follows;
|Saturday 17th February||1pm-2.30pm||Domain Tennis Centre, 2 Davies Avenue, Hobart|
|Saturday 17th February||2pm-3.30pm||Launceston Regional TC, 57 Racecourse Cr, Launceston|
|Saturday 17th February||3.30pm-5pm||Burnie Tennis Club, Eastwood Drive, Burnie|
To be eligible for Super 10s selection you will need to register for the Challenge Days and must still be aged 10* on the last day of April. For example. Season #1 is run from 3 March – 7 April. Therefore you still have to be 10 years old on the 30th April 2018 to participate. Once selected, you must also be available for all rounds of Season #1, see below dates.
- North-West Coast players will receive a one year age dispensation and may be 11/u as of 30th April 2018
Invitations for the subsequent Super 10s season will be sent out after the conclusion of all Training Days. Please note selected players will be required to pay season fees of $100.
As a guideline for participation in Super 10s, players should be able to perform the following green ball key competencies. If unsure, please speak to your child’s private coach to assess whether Super 10s is the appropriate competition for the player’s stage of development.
– Differentiate speed and spin on first and second serves
– Rally crosscourt for 10–15 shots varying height over the net, depth, speed and spin
– Use approach, drive volley, volley and overhead in an offensive way
– Keep great posture and maintain balance from a wide, narrow, and one-legged base
– Display independence; pack their own bag for matches and practice, and complete a regular warm-up routine and practice regularly without the coach
2018 Season #1 Dates
Please click on the below link to view Season #1 dates and times in each region.
For more Super 10s information please contact Trent Constance, Talent Manager, email [email protected] or call 0481 037 163.