Wynyard Somerset Tennis Club

Club Constitution

Member Protection Policy

The Wynyard Somerset Tennis Club was formed in December 2002 following amalgamation of the Wynyard Tennis Club and the Somerset Tennis Club.

The Somerset Tennis Club consisted of one concrete court constructed in 1954 and then the addition of a clubhouse in the mid 1960’s. In the mid 1970’s an additional court was constructed with a clay surface and the concrete court was also reconstructed as a clay court. By the early 1980’s demand was such that two extra courts were built on site.

The Wynyard facility has two (2) sealed courts (asphalt construction with `plexipave’ playing surface) constructed in the early 1970’s and have been used since that time by the Wynyard Tennis Club. The club uses the adjacent facilities of the Squash Centre including shared use of the social room. The Somerset facility now has four upgraded plexipave courts in Australian Open colours and the clubrooms are currently being upgraded to be suitable for use by Community Based Care Inc.

The Wynyard-Somerset Tennis Club is incorporated, has a standard executive committee and currently has 148 members.