Super 8’s Competition
The Tennis West Performance Team is pleased to be presenting ‘Super 8s’ to WA in 2016 – a 6-week competition giving selected 7 and 8-year-old orange ball players an opportunity to develop their competitive game.
KEY DATES – SEASON 1, 2016
Super 8’s Challenge Day – Registrations Close Thursday 31 March 2016
|Super 8’s Challenge||Saturday April 30||State Tennis Centre||3.00pm start|
|Round 1||Saturday May 7||State Tennis Centre||3.00-5.30pm|
|Round 2||Saturday May 28||State Tennis Centre||3.00-5.30pm|
|Round 3||Saturday June 11||State Tennis Centre||3.00-5.30pm|
|Semi Finals||Saturday June 18||State Tennis Centre||3.00-5.30pm|
|Grand Final||Saturday June 25||State Tennis Centre||3.00-5.30pm|
KEY DATES – SEASON 2, 2016
Super 8’s Challenge Day – Registrations Close 30 June 2016
To register for the upcoming Challenge Day, please CLICK HERE
|Super 8’s Challenge||Saturday July 23||State Tennis Centre||3.00pm start|
|Round 1||Saturday August 6||State Tennis Centre||3.00-5.30pm|
|Round 2||Saturday August 13||State Tennis Centre||3.00-5.30pm|
|Round 3||Saturday August 20||State Tennis Centre||3.00-5.30pm|
|Semi Finals||Saturday Sept 3||State Tennis Centre||3.00-5.30pm|
|Grand Final||Saturday Sept 10||State Tennis Centre||3.00-5.30pm|
‘Super 8s’ is a unique competition involving singles and doubles match play over a timed period where teams are managed by a professional tennis coach who will be giving each player feedback during the matches. The Super 8s competition will breed competitors through a well organised and high quality competition.
Selections for Super 8s will be done through a Challenge Day. On this day players will be asked to perform a variety of skills and challenges to demonstrate their playing level. If successful, 16 boys and 16 girls maximum will be selected for the Super 8s competition to compete in the 5 week teams event.
Selection is based on the following criteria:
- An athlete must either be or be turning 7 or 8 years old during the 6 week Challenge Day and Competition season
- Athlete’s CTR rating will be taken into consideration
- Athlete’s who have previously entered any ANZ THS match play and/or Tennis West orange and green ball tournaments will be considered above those that have not. (For this to be considered, proof of attendance must be provided)
- Athlete must be able to serve over arm only for both their 1st and 2nd serves
- Athlete must demonstrate consistency in a rally by hitting cross-court with another athlete of a similar level for a minimum of 15 shots on both the forehand and backhand sides.
Please contact [email protected] for more information