Player Support Program
Tennis Victoria’s Player Support Program is a reward and recognition program aimed at supporting highly ranked Victorian junior players aged between 13 and 16 years of age. For 2019, this will be players born in birth years 2003 to 2006 inclusive).
Involvement in the Player Support Program is by invitation only and made initially in late January. Places are offered to Victorian girls and boys based on their birth year and current Australian Ranking (based upon end of December rankings) as outlined below:
- Top 75 ranked players nationally within each of the eligible birth years
*A player’s location determined by local government boundaries as at 2000.
** Tennis Victoria also partners with the VIS’s six Regional Academies of Sport, and Tennis Victoria’s own the North East Country Region tennis program.
The Player Support Program complements a player’s existing weekly training schedule with match play and provides support through sport science, industry education and awareness of the Victorian player pathway. Players learn of many different opportunities that exist for junior players within the state.
The Player Support Program provides all players with targeted support for their needs and supports the private coaching market by providing full duty of care tours to interstate ITF Junior and Nationals tournaments.
2019 Player Support Program benefits include:
• Three match play camps per year, giving the opportunity to network and train with players of a similar age and standard.
• Expert advice and invaluable knowledge from experienced coaching staff and guest speakers on a range of topics.
• Sports science support through our preferred provider network including physiotherapy, mental training and massage.
• Match play and training at Melbourne Park, the home of the Australian Open.
• Opportunity to travel to ITF Junior and Nationals tournaments. These tours will provide full tournament support to players to help reduce the financial cost for families whilst encouraging professional competitive habits and independence in players.
Please note: players who go on tour will be required to pay for their own accommodation, transport to and from the event and daily meals etc.
|Session 1||9am-4pm||03 March||Melbourne Park|
|Session 2||9am-4pm||23 June||Melbourne Park|
|Session 3||9am-4pm||15 September||Melbourne Park|
|Camp||All weekend||22 & 23 November||TBA|
All of these benefits are provided for a subsidised cost of only $200 per year (inc. GST).
2019 12/u and 14/u Australian Claycourt Championships (Canberra)
2019 12/u and 14/u Australian Grasscourt Championships (Perth)
ITF Tours to be confirmed.
For all inquiries regarding Tennis Victoria’s Player Support Program, please contact Jessica McCormack on (03) 8420 8409 or email [email protected].