Player Support Program
Tennis Victoria’s Player Support Program is a reward and recognition program aimed at supporting highly ranked Victorian junior players aged between 13 and 17 years of age. For 2017, this will be players born in birth years 1999 to 2004 inclusive).
Involvement in the Player Support Program is by invitation only and made initially in late January. Places are offered to Victorian girls and boys based on their birth year and current Australian Ranking (based upon end of December rankings) as outlined below:
- Top 10 Victorians by Australian Ranking in birth years 1999 to 2004 inclusive,
- Regionally** based players* – Top 11-25 Victorians by Australian Ranking in birth years 1999 to 2004 inclusive, who must also be members of their Regional Academy of Sport program where applicable.
*A player’s location determined by local government boundaries as at 2000.
** Tennis Victoria also partners with the VIS’s six Regional Academies of Sport, and Tennis Victoria’s own the North East Country Region tennis program.
The Player Support Program complements a player’s existing weekly training schedule, with match play and also provides support through sport science and industry education and awareness of the Victorian player pathway. Players learn of many different opportunities that exist for junior players within the state.
The Player Support Program provides all players with targeted support for their needs and supports the private coaching market by providing full duty of care tours to interstate ITF Junior tournaments.
2017 Player Support Program benefits include:
- Four match play camps per year (one session each term), giving the opportunity to network and train with players of a similar age and standard.
- Expert advice and invaluable knowledge from experienced coaching staff and guest speakers on a range of topics.
- Sports science support through our preferred provider network including physiotherapy, mental training and massage.
- Match play and training at Melbourne Park, the home of the Australian Open.
- Opportunity to travel to ITF Junior tournaments as a member of Tennis Victoria’s junior Tour team. These tours will provide full tournament support to players to help reduce the financial cost for families whilst encouraging professional competitive habits and independence in players. Please note: players who go on tour will be required to pay for their own accommodation, transport to and from the event and daily meals etc.
|Camp 1||1-5 pm||Sunday 26 March||Melbourne Park|
|Camp 2||1-5 pm||Sunday 25 June||Melbourne Park|
|Camp 3||1-5 pm||Sunday 10 September||Melbourne Park|
|Camp 4||1-5 pm||Sunday 12 November||Melbourne Park|
All of these benefits are provided for a subsidised cost of only $200 per year (inc. GST).
Details of 2017 Player Support Program Nationals and ITF Juniors Tours fact sheets will be available shortly.
For all inquiries regarding Tennis Victoria’s Player Support Program, please contact Jessica McCormack on (03) 8420 8409 or email [email protected].