Player Support Program
Tennis Victoria’s Player Support Program is a reward and recognition program aimed at supporting highly ranked Victorian junior players aged between 11 and 16 years of age. For 2020, this will be players born in birth years 2004 to 2009 inclusive).
Involvement in the Player Support Program is by invitation only and made initially in late January. Places are offered to Victorian girls and boys based on their birth year and current Australian Ranking (based upon end of December rankings) as outlined below:
- Top 50 ranked players nationally within each of the eligible birth years
- Tennis Victoria also partners with the VIS’s five Regional Academies of Sport
The Player Support Program complements a player’s existing weekly training schedule with match play and provides support through sport science, industry education and awareness of the Victorian player pathway. Players learn of many different opportunities that exist for junior players within the state.
The Player Support Program provides all players with targeted support for their needs and supports the private coaching market by providing full duty of care tours to interstate ITF Junior and Nationals tournaments.
2020 Player Support Program benefits include:
- Six sessions per year, giving the opportunity to network and train with players of a similar age and standard. On the day of each session, athletes are paired into age groups, which are at different times.
- Expert advice and invaluable knowledge from experienced coaching staff and guest speakers on a range of topics.
- Match play and training at leading tennis venues across Melbourne.
- Duty of Care tours to ITF Junior and Nationals tournaments. These tours will provide full tournament support to players to help reduce the financial cost for families whilst encouraging professional competitive habits and independence in players. Please note, players who go on tour will be required to pay for their own accommodation, flights and daily meals etc.
|2008 + 2009 BY time||2006 + 2007 BY time||2004 + 2005 BY time||Date||Location|
|Session 1||8:30am-11:00am||11:30am-2:00pm||2:30pm-5:00pm||27 March||Notting Hill Pinewood TC|
|Session 2||8:30am-11:00am||11:30am-2:00pm||2:30pm-5:00pm||17 May||Tennis World Albert Reserve|
|Session 3||8:30am-11:00am||11:30am-2:00pm||2:30pm-5:00pm||21 June||Tennis World Albert Reserve|
|Session 4||8:30am-11:00am||11:30am-2:00pm||2:30pm-5:00pm||23 August||Tennis World Albert Reserve|
|Session 5||8:30am-11:00am||11:30am-2:00pm||2:30pm-5:00pm||18 October||Tennis World Albert Reserve|
|Session 6||8:30am-11:00am||11:30am-2:00pm||2:30pm-5:00pm||22 November||Tennis World Albert Reserve|
For all inquiries regarding Tennis Victoria’s Player Support Program, please contact Jessica McCormack on (03) 8420 8420 or email [email protected].