LATEST COVID UPDATES FOR VICTORIA
Wednesday 27 April 2022
The Victorian Government has announced that most COVID-19 restrictions will be removed from 11:59pm, Friday 22 April 2022.
VACCINATION AND CHECK IN
- Patrons won’t be required to have two doses or show their vaccination status before entering any venue, including physical recreation facilities.
- The requirement for staff and patrons of venues to check-in using the Service Victoria app will end, with operators not required to keep any attendance records or maintain a COVID-19 Check-in Marshal.
- The existing two-dose and three-dose vaccination mandates for workers are retained.
- Face masks will no longer be required in hospitality and retail settings, or at events of any size.
- Face masks will still be required on public transport and at airports – excluding airport workers who aren’t public facing – and in sensitive health, aged care and justice settings.
- Face masks are strongly recommended when you can’t physically distance.
QUARANTINE AND ISOLATION
- Close contacts will no longer have to quarantine – provided they wear a face mask indoors and avoid sensitive settings. They will also need to undertake at least five negative rapid tests over the seven days that would previously have been the self-quarantine period.
- People are exempt from testing or quarantine for 12 weeks if they’ve had COVID-19 – up from 8 weeks.
- The essential requirement to isolate for seven days following a COVID-19 diagnosis is retained.
- Individuals will be required to notify their workplace contacts, in addition to informing their social contacts.
- Workplaces won’t have to individually identify and notify each potentially exposed worker.
- It is recommended to work from home if you’re a close contact exempt from quarantine.
- All workplaces will still require a COVIDSafe Plan.
Victoria continues to monitor epidemiological conditions and work with other jurisdictions and to ensure COVID settings are aligned. See more information at coronavirus.vic.gov.au
Thank you for all that you continue to do to provide tennis playing opportunities for our local communities.
Please reach out to the Tennis Victoria team for support during this time.