Clubs and centres are required to register all players connected to their venue.
The three options available to clubs for player registration in 2018/19 are:
- Online membership: Players join your club online via My Tennis.
- My Tennis registration: You can register your club’s players online via My Tennis
- Spreadsheet assistance: Clubs are welcome to send through a spreadsheet to Tennis Victoria
TV’s preferred player registration option is online membership. Please read this document outlining the benefits of online membership.
What information to collect
Please attempt to collect the below information from players for their registration:
- First name and surname
- Date of birth
- Post code
One of the benefits of offering online membership is that players provide all of this information directly into My Tennis. This improves the completeness and quality of the information provided.
If you are not offering online membership, please make all endeavours to collect an email address from your players. Some player benefits may not be available to players who do not have an email address.
Benefits for registered players
Please note that only registered players receive benefits from Tennis, including:
- Ability to enter into the Grand Slam Ballot
- Personal Accident Insurance for their tennis activities
- It’s Everybody’s Sport e-newsletter from Tennis Victoria every second month
Please note thathttp://www.tennis.com.au/vic/pl the above benefits are only available to players registered from the above three options. If player registration is not renewed, these benefits lapse three months after the expiry date of a player’s registration.
For further information please contact your local Club Development Officer