Clubs and centres are required to register all players connected to their venue. From 1 July 2016 there are changes to the options available to clubs for player registration.
The three options available to clubs for player registration in 2016/17 are:
- Online membership: Players join your club online via My Tennis.
- Bulk registration: You can register your club’s players online via My Tennis
- Spreadsheet assistance: To help transition your club to the My Tennis membership platform, Tennis will update your club’s membership twice through a spreadsheet.
This flowchart has been created to assist your club in making an initial choice about its player registration option from 1 July 2016. Please refer to it for further details.
TV’s preferred player registration option is online membership. Please read this document outlining the benefits of online membership. Further, if your club activates its online payment gateway while using this option (so that your club can accept credit card payments) your club will be eligible to receive TennisConnect Rewards.
What information to collect
Please attempt to collect the below information from players for their registration:
- First name and surname
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Post code
One of the benefits of offering online membership is that players provide all of this information directly into My Tennis. This improves the completeness and quality of the information provided.
If you are not offering online membership, please make all endeavours to collect an email address from your players. Some player benefits may not be available to players who do not have an email address.
Benefits for registered players
Please note that only registered players receive benefits from Tennis, including:
- Ability to purchase tickets for the Australian Open through a pre-sale before tickets are available to the public
- Personal Accident Insurance for their tennis activities
- It’s Everybody’s Sport e-newsletter from Tennis Victoria every second month
Please note that the above benefits are only available to players registered on My Tennis. If player registration is not renewed, these benefits lapse three months after the expiry date of a player’s registration.
For further information please contact your local Participation Leader or the TennisConnect team via 8420 8420.