Local Government Support
Local governments play a key role in the development and growth of tennis. A high majority of venues in Victoria are located on council owned or managed land. Tennis Victoria believes the best outcomes for the sport occur when we work in partnership with local government across all aspects of planning, investment, delivery and support of clubs and centres.
Our Places to Play team is here to assist your council in the following ways:
- Development of tennis specific strategies
- Contributions to recreation, open space or other related council strategies
- Technical advice during facility planning phase
- Through our technical partners, support in development of detailed designs and tender packages (click here to learn more)
- Investment in tennis facilities through the National Court Rebate or Facility Loan
- Contact details for tennis court contractors and suppliers
- Support of multi-use venues
- Direct support to clubs through Participation Leaders
- Jointly run tennis forums
- Support of coordinated local area marketing
For more information contact our Places to Play team on (03) 8420 8420.