Facility development from scratch, or facility upgrades along the way, require a considerable amount of research, planning, and technical support. Wading into the waters can be daunting, so please find listed below a few suggestions for suppliers, contractors, and advisory directions that you can take in your efforts to build and maintain a safe and quality venue. Whether it is a private court or a club facility, it’s essential to build a solid base before taking the next step in development.
The above link provides you with valuable information on
- Surface types
- Choosing a surface
- Hot Shots courts & Kids Zones
- Cost & life cycle
- Resources such as lighting (also see Lighting Technology International – Sports Product Brochure); fencing; ancillary services; maintenance schedules; how to mark up mini courts etc
- Case Studies:
Local Suppliers & Contractors
Additional advice on surfaces, surface cleaning, and court equipment supplies can be found via the following providers. This is not an exhaustive list, but a guide to steer you in the right direction. Clicking on the supplier name will take you to their website.
Court Resurfacing and Construction
- Gecko Pave Surfacing Solutions : Ashley Morgan 0437 748 822 [email protected]
- Synthetic Grass Tasmania : Greg McShane 0428 572 790
- Blacktac : Wayne Chugg 0417 331 001
Court Equipment (nets/posts/squeegees etc)
Want more advice? Contact Simonne or call Tennis Tasmania on 6108 8200