St Marys Tennis Club Greensborough

History

  • The club was formed in late September 1956 with the parish setting aside land for two courts.
  • In 1963 the club joined in competition tennis. We were one of the original clubs to join local competition.
  • The club acquired a third court in 1971.
  • Additional court location at Kalparrin with four courts in 1980.
  • 1982 the Kalparrin clubhouse was official opened.
  • In 1990 (two courts) and 1992 (two courts)¬†lights were erected at Kalparrin courts, resulting in night competition tennis at the club.
  • Parish courts were re-surfaced in 2005 from en-tout-cas to¬†artificial.
  • A club uniform was introduced to the club in 2014.
  • The club celebrated its 60th anniversary on December 11, 2016.

History of SMTC from 1956 to 2016