Sale Tennis Club

Club History

The History

The inaugural meeting was held in the Mechancics Supper Rooms on the 31st Jan 1951. 
The first General meeting was held on the 7th Feb 1951 with 54 people present. 
Fees for the first season were: Adults 3pound 10shillings; Married Couples 5pounds 5shillings; Intermediates 2pounds 5shillings & Juniors 1pound. 
The original site was in Marley Street (bounded by York, Marley, Cunninghame and Macarthur Streets). In 1971 the sale tennis club site moved to the current location at Stephensons Park. 
Dress was strictly white but coloured cardigans were allowed. 
The club colours were black and white; some years later they were changed to blue and gold.