Tennis SA Award Nominations
The Tennis SA Awards will recognise people across 11 categories, celebrating those who have encouraged and enabled others in the SA tennis community to get involved and inspired sporting achievements.
The Award period for activities and performances to be considered is the past 12 months only (from when nominations closed on Friday 9 March 2018 – until Friday 29 March 2019).
Categories for the Tennis SA awards 2018/19 season;
- Most Outstanding Tennis Club – City/Hills
- Most Outstanding Tennis Club – Rural
- Volunteer Achievement Award – City/Hills
- Volunteer Achievement Award – Rural
- Coaching Excellence – Club
- Coaching Excellence – Talent Development
- Most Outstanding 35+ Tennis Senior
- Most Outstanding Inclusion Program (Non Newcombe Medal Award Category)
- Most Outstanding School
- Most Outstanding Australian Ranking Tournament
- Most Outstanding Event of the Year (Non Newcombe Medal Award Category)
Nomination Form and Terms & Conditions:
Nominations are now CLOSED
If you have any difficulties using this form, please email your nomination (500 words or less) to Jenny Macpherson, [email protected]
All nominations must be received by: 5pm Friday 29 March 2019, and meet the Award nomination criteria. Any nominations received after this time will not be considered as per the Terms & Conditions (PDF).
If you are nominating, you may be asked to provide a photo/image of the nominee, team, activity or event which may be used for promotional purposes.
Award Winners will receive:
- A Tennis SA Award certificate (and trophy if available)
- Tennis SA assistance in preparing their nomination for the Australian Tennis Awards (November 2019). The winners of the categories marked with an * will be nominated as joint winners.
- A complimentary invitation for them and one guest to attend the Volunteer Recognition Cocktail Function (Details TBC, January 2020).
- Acknowledgement in the Tennis SA Annual Report and website.
The following are closed awards. Nominations and the award recipient are selected by a panel appointed by Tennis SA and will be presented on Saturday 27 April 2019.
- Don Turnbull Award – 18/u Male Player of the Year
- Gwen Thiele Award – 18/u Female Player of the Year
- Ray Burr Award – Male Player of the Year
- Doris Boyce Award – Female Player of the Year
- Most Outstanding Athlete with a Disability
- Excellence in Officiating
- Most Outstanding Council or Government Department
State and Metro League Presentations
The State and Metro League Presentations (male and female team finalists, and male and female players of the season) will also be awarded at the Tennis SA Awards on Saturday 27 April 2019.
Tennis SA Awards Dinner Tickets
> Book your seat or table and join in the celebrations at the Tennis SA Awards Dinner.
Date: Saturday 27 April 2019
Time: 6.30pm arrival, 7pm – 10.00pm
Venue: Grand Ballroom, Hilton Adelaide. Victoria Square.
Dress: Cocktail /Lounge Suit
Includes: Three course meal and three and a half hour beverage package, and live DJ
Cost: $95 per person, or $900 for a table of 10
Bookings close: 11.30pm Tuesday 16 April 2019