The Tennis Queensland Secondary School Team Tennis Competition is a state-wide initiative inviting all Secondary Schools to play competitive tennis at a regional level and culminate at a State Final annually.
Winning teams of the Open QSSTT Competition will be invited to represent Queensland at the Australian Schools Tennis Challenge.
For more information regarding the 2020 QSSTT Competition, including player eligibility, can be found here.
COVID Safe Information for all participating teams:
Please ensure your team and any entourage is aware of the following information prior to the competition day.
- Every person attending the event will have to check in and out every time they enter/leave the venue.
- If a person is feeling unwell, has been overseas within the last 14 days or been in close contact with a confirmed COVID case, they have to stay at home. This includes displaying symptoms such cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath.
- Physical distancing requirements apply at all times when attending the venue. Please ensure 1.5m distance is adhered to by everybody. Maintaining physical distancing requirements is the individuals responsibility.
- Contact the venue operator if anyone is becoming unwell during the event.
- There will be no water bubblers in operation so please bring your own supply of water or purchase water from the canteen.
- Team Managers will be asked to help clean court areas after their matches (wiping down chairs and gates). Wipes and sanitiser will be supplied at the venue.
- Team managers are asked to bring their own pen to fill in scorecards.
- Please note that we reserve the right to refuse entry or eject anyone from the venue who does not follow Covid safe procedures.
HOW TO ENTER?
Please CLICK HERE to enter the 2020 QSSTT Competition.
Please note that entries will close 8 days prior to each Tie.
|Peninsula||Cairns International Tennis Centre||TBC||Boys- St Mary’s Catholic College|
|Wide Bay||Bundaberg & District Junior Tennis||TBC|
|Capricornia||Tennis Rockhampton||23- July||Boys – Biloela State High Blue
Girls – The Cathedral College
|Met West||Queensland Tennis Centre||24- Jul||Boys- Corinda State High
Girls – St Peter’s Lutheran College
|Met North||Shaw Park Tennis Centre||27- Jul||Boys- Brisbane Grammar School
Girls – Kelvin Grover State College
|Met East||Griffith University Tennis Centre||3- Aug||Boys – St Laurence’s College
Girls- Sheldon College
|South West||Roma & District Tennis||6- Aug|
|Darling Downs||Toowoomba Tennis Association||7 – Aug||Boys – Toowoomba Grammar School
Girls- Fairholme College
|Sunshine Coast||Sunshine Coast Regional Tennis Centre||10- Aug||Boys- St Andrew’s Anglican College
Girls- Sunshine Coast Grammar School
|South Coast||Gold Coast Albert Tennis Centre||13-Aug||Boys- The Southport School
Girls- Palm Beach Currumbin School
|Finals||Tennis Rockhampton||17-18 Sep|
*Updated 25th February, 2020 – Subject to change
Each team must consist of four to five players. Teams must be made up of solely boys or girls, not a mixture. All players must be a bona-fide student of the school they are representing and cannot participate in the Tennis Queensland Primary School Cup in the same year. For more information please refer to the rules of the competition.
Teams must pay a fee of $70 (incl. GST) per team to participate in the Regional Ties. Payments must be received by Direct Deposit prior to the competition. No additional cost will be incurred for participation at the State Final.
All matches are played using FAST4 format. Each team is guaranteed to play at least 3 matches on the day. Teams play four singles and two doubles rubbers where possible.
For more information on rules and player eligibility please refer to the rules of the competition.
All teams must play in school uniforms, with hats being compulsory for participation. Each school also needs to submit a team name that they will use for the duration of the event.
STATE FINAL SELECTION
The winning boys and girls team at each Regional Final of the event will be invited to compete at the State Final.
Rubbers for the regional Final will be played as a FAST4 set:
- first to 4 games
- tie-breaker at 3 games all
- no ad-scoring
- play lets (lets are play on!)
The Open QSSTT State Final will be held from 18-19 September 2020 at the Rockhampton Regional Tennis Centre. Players must be available for all days of competition, however a reserve may be called in the case of injury/withdrawal if needed.
Results and Winners
Find out all the scores and winners of the qualifying events and the State Final