Junior Development Series
2022 GOLD COAST JDS TOURNAMENT CIRCUIT
Welcome Back All!
We are excited to share with you the dates 2022 Gold Coast JDS Tournament Circuit. 2022 will see the competition continue in grouping players via UTR and reintroducing two-day competitions with the inclusion of doubles.
WHAT IS THE JUNIOR DEVELOPMENT SERIES (JDS) CIRCUIT?
The Junior Development Series (JDS) is a tournament circuit specifically designed for players of a beginner to intermediate level. Each tournament allows players to experience crucial competitive match play and skill development opportunities.
The 2022 JDS Circuit will continue to use the UTR system for all events. This means that all events will be rating-based play, rather than age group-based play.
WHAT IS NEW IN 2022?
- Continuation of the UTR system for JDS events to allow for level-based competition
- Inclusion of DOUBLES into two-day (split weekend) competitions
- In an effort to promote doubles competition, 2022 will see four (4) JDS events split across two weekends (Sundays only) to provide more time and opportunity to compete.
- Cost of events: Singles Only – $40.00 Two-Day (inclusion of compulsory doubles) – $50.00
- All entries via the Tennis Australia Tournaments website
- Must be 17 years or younger as at 31/12/2022
- Must have Tennis ID Number
- Must be registered through UTR
- When entering two-day event, players must commit to both days competition
- Doubles Compulsory on two day events
Best of Two (2) sets with 3rd set match-tie-breaker (10 points)
*Match format may be shortened for one-day singles only (depending on entries numbers)
Players will be grouped into 8 with a match guarantee of three singles.
NEED TO WITHDRAW FROM AN EVENT?
If a player cannot play, their parent/guardian must notify the Tournament Director in writing ASAP.
The withdrawal deadline falls 7 days prior to the start of the event. Withdrawals before this deadline will be granted a $35.00 refund.
Players who withdraw after the above deadline but before the release of the draw will be granted a refund $20.00.
Players who withdraw after the release of the draw will not be entitled to a refund, even if a medical certificate can be provided.
JDS STATE FINALS TEAM SELECTION
JDS State Finals will be held in Rockhampton on the 15th – 16th of October 2022
Acknowledging that a player’s UTR incorporates all forms of competition outside that of the JDS Series the following criteria has been approved by the GC Regional Assembly for the JDS State Finals Team Selection;
- Regional Play-Off event will be held on the 11th of September.
- All players must have played a minimum of 4 JDS events
- The top 8 highest UTRs per gender and age, as at the last event of the calendar will be invited to play-off in their respective age groups
- Out of region players will not be eligible for GC regional representation
- Winner and Runner Up from each age group of the regional finals will be selected to represent the region in Rockhampton in October
- If players enter the regional finals, they must commit to the JDS State Finals Competition in Rockhampton on the 15-16 October
- More information to come.
|6th Feb & 13th Feb||Singles & Doubles||Beenleigh Tennis Centre||Enter HERE||30th January|
|6th April & 7th April||Singles & Doubles||KDV Sport||Enter HERE||30th March|
|Singles||Pro-One Tennis||Enter HERE|
|29th May & 5th June||Singles & Doubles||Queens Park Tennis||Enter HERE||22nd May|
|12th June||Singles||Miami Tennis Club||Enter HERE||5th June|
|24th July & 31st July||Singles & Doubles||Canterbury Taipans||Enter HERE||17th July|
|28th August||Singles||Gold Coast Seniors||Enter HERE||21st August|
|11th September||Singles||JDS Regional Final Play-Off||Invitation as per Team GC JDS Selection Criteria||TBC|
PLAY ETIQUETTE AND BEHAVIOUR
2022 will see the reinstatement of the Gold Coast Regional Behavioural Policy- a code of conduct specifically tailored to the Gold Coast Region’s; Red Ball Tournament Circuit, Orange Ball Tournament Circuit, Green Ball Tournament Circuit, and Junior Development Series, in a bid to create and maintain a positive and inspiring environment for all participants, spectators, officials and administrators across the Gold Coast Region.
The tournament director of each JDS tournament will authorise a representative to enforce this policy. This person will be introduced to all players and parents prior to the commencement of play and will be onsite at all times throughout the entire tournament to enforce this policy. Enforcement refers to the issuance of warnings and code violations.
In addition, for more information on Tennis Australia’s policies please see below: