Click to the Court
What is Click to the Court?
Click to the Court is a complete online court hire package being offered at a subsidised rate to up to 100 affiliated clubs across Queensland to register via our Expression of Interest.
The package offers a court booking and payment platform through ClubSpark that connects with a gate access padlock at your venue with a pinpad for easy, online access to courts.
An integrated lighting system will also be on offered to the first 25 eligible venues to register that would benefit from offering court hire at night.
What are the benefits of going online with court hire?
Court hire has become the most popular way to play tennis across Australia. During COVID-19, it was one of the only approved ways for people to get on court during the varying stages of lockdown across the state.
The beauty of an online booking platform and gate access, is that players can find your venue and get on court in a few clicks, and clubs can benefit from a hands-off way of welcoming people to the venue.
By signing up to Click to the Court, your venue will able to benefit from:
- Reduced administration impact to volunteers through the ClubSpark online booking module and club website (if you need one)
- Appear on play.tennis.com.au – which will become the ”front door” in all major marketing campaigns
- Local area marketing and support for your venue
- Increase in revenue and sustainability of venue
- Online payments
- Ease of venue access and eliminates the risk of handling keys
- Attract occasional tennis players to your club
How will Tennis Queensland support the installation?
Tennis Queensland staff will help your club set-up ClubSpark’s court hire, membership and website module (if needed). We will also support the installation of the gate access solution (padlock) at your venue, and ensure you have correctly connected the hardware with your club’s wesbite. Each venue will also receive marketing support, with assets tailored for your club that promote court hire. Tennis Queensland will also support the installation of the Lighting Control Box for those wanting to take this system to the next level and offer court hire at night.
Do our members have to book online?
While there is flexibility in configuration, it is highly recommended that all court users are requested to book courts online. Free member bookings are simple to make and ensures the member has reserved their court before arriving at the venue. If access to the courts is only via a PIN, then members will need to book to ensure their PIN is valid and opens the gate.
When will the PIN open the gate?
A player will receive a PIN when competing their booking online. The PIN will be valid from 15 minutes prior to the start of their booking time and expire 15 minutes after the end of their booking time. The PIN will not open the gate outside of these times.
How do our competition and coaching players gain access?
The platform caters for special booking types for coaching, competition and event periods. The venue administrator would enter these bookings into the system and generate a PIN code for the coach or competition administrator. When this PIN is entered the gate will unlock and remain unlocked until the end of the booking period. This will enable players and coaching participants to open the gate and enter without the need to enter a PIN.
How do we manage club memberships?
Over the next 6 months, clubs will be moving to the Membership Module within ClubSpark (same software platform that offers Court Hire and club websites) to manage memberships. By utilising this tool within the same platform, it enables members to use the same account to purchase a membership and book a court online – it also results in a seamless experience for members.
If club intends on providing discounted court hire rates to members, then up-to-date memberships will need to be maintained within the software.
Can you cater for our complex court pricing structure?
The software is quite flexible and caters for many scenarios. We suggest you provide your current pricing structure to [email protected] and we can confirm if the software can be configured to cater. This is also an opportunity for your club to review its pricing structure and perhaps refine it; the simpler it is for people to understand, then easier it will be to manage.
We have regular bookings for our coach and competitions, how do we manage this?
The club can easily set up recurring bookings and allocate them for coaching or competition.
What if power is lost to the facility?
The equipment supplied includes a back-up battery that can cater for power outages lasting up to 24 hours.
In-built system logic will ensure the lights do not turn off if there is an upcoming booking due to commence within the next 15 minutes.
What does it cost to get Click to the Court?
Following an EOI process, eligible clubs will receive their first padlock for free. Please note; additional padlocks will be available for purchase at a yet to be confirmed price of between $250-$300 each.
ClubSpark’s online booking software and website is free with affiliation.
A limited number selected clubs wishing to fully maximise the capabilities of this system will also receive a free Lighting Control Units valued at over $3,000. Clubs will need to fund the installation of these units by a qualified electrical contractor, and pay an annual licensing, service and support fee for this system.
What are the ongoing costs to manage our court bookings online?
- ClubSpark software and on-line court booking module and any service assistance related to this system – free
- Igloohome app for the padlock – free
- Monthly access to the Exchange Code application that links the padlock to the ClubSpark software system = $2.60 per month for a single padlock ($31.20 annually) with a sliding scale if you have more than one padlock
- Annual licensing, service and support fee for the Lighting Control Unit (if installed) is $99 + GST
Who will install the Click to the Court technology?
Tennis Queensland staff can assist in settig up to set up the ClubSpark court hire and membership module. The padlock is simple to install to a suitable court access gate. Instructional signage for court hirers on how to use the system will also be provided and can be easily installed by a club representative with guidance on where to best locate this signage if needed.
An electrical contractor will be required to install the Lighting Control Units if these are added to the system. The installation costs for these Units is expected to be in the range of $800 – $1,200 and will naturally vary from venue to venue based on the complexity of the existing court lighting circuits and location of the existing switches for the lighting system.
Our facility does not have a clubhouse, can we still get gate access equipment
Our installers can provide an external equipment enclosure to cater for outdoor solutions. The main consideration will be the ability to locate power at the site.
What pre-work installation will the club need to undertake?
- Complete and submit and EOI for this system – coming this week
- Club needs to be working from the ClubSpark platform rather than the MyTennis or any other software system
- All other court access gates will need to be locked via normal keyed padlocks when the system is in use to prevent player access via other gates
- If the Lighting Control Unit is to be installed, arranging a qualified electrical contractor to install and set up this Unit when it is delivered is essential
What type of gate do we need?
- The gate the Igloohome padlock is to be installed can be a typical court access gate
- The gate just to needs to be capable of being locked by a typical padlock
- Ideally this gate should be located so it can provide access to multiple courts that can then all be linked to this system
We look forward to working with our affiliated venues to get them offering ways to play online, and helping our sport reach new highs in participation.
For more information, contact your region’s Tennis Delivery Officer.