Parkville Tennis Club

History of our club

Parkville Tennis Club was founded in 1904 after local residents decided tennis courts were needed in 1903. The courts were originally located in Royal Park and were relocated to their present location in June 1912.

The original courts were made of asphalt and it was not until 1936 that a porous surface was installed.

Parkville Tennis Club proudly celebtated its centenary in 2004 with a great party and many events.

Parkville Tennis Club has seen many hundreds of players pass through its membership roll. A flucuating population of residents, city workers and students have all paused for a while to hit some balls around.