Our aim is that tennis reflects Australia’s diverse communities and people, so everyone has the opportunity to get involved in tennis in a way that is meaningful for them. We believe that diversity is a strength and inclusion is a human right.
If you would like to learn more about tennis for players of differing abilities, please contact [email protected].
How we can help
- Provide opportunities for people from underrepresented to be involved and participate in tennis, including but not limited to people with disabilities, Indigenous Australians, multicultural communities and LGBTI communities
- Make available a variety of tennis playing options at all levels from a recreational to competitive level, from local to elite international standards
- Provide advice, information, guidance, support and resources for all clubs and communities that want to become inclusive to people from underrepresented groups
- Promote tennis for people from underrepresented groups in all areas of the community
- Provide access to opportunities aligned to those offered to mainstream tennis players
- Encourage tennis clubs and associations to undertake or to be involved in inclusive programs for people from underrepresented groups
- Provide greater support to encourage people from underrepresented groups to take on roles across the whole of the sport, including as players, coaches, administrators and officials