Local Hot Shots Challenges
Many clubs host ANZ Hot Shots Challenges/Round Robins for local players participating in ANZ Hot Shots coaching. Check with your local club/coach if they run ANZ Hot Shots events.
The 2017 NSW Tournament Calendar has a section listing of some ANZ Hot Shots Challenges in Sydney. These events generally run 8/U (Red Ball), 10/U (Orange Ball) and 12/U (Green Ball).
Junior Development Series (JDS) – Regional NSW
The Junior Development Series (JDS) are for kids in regional NSW who have started playing tournaments or a league at their local club and are ready for stronger competition.
- All regions running JDS events in NSW offer 10/u (Green Ball) events.
- Some regions running JDS events in NSW offer 8/U (Orange Ball) events, click here to check your regions JDS page to see what is on offer.
- Click here to find out more about the JDS Series.
Sydney Tennis Round Robins
In 2017 Sydney Tennis Round Robins will launch to compliment the new Sydney Tennis League structure. Catering for kids who currently play in league or have regular coaching who would like to test their skills and gain experience in an individual competition.
- 10/U (Green Ball) & 8/U (Orange Ball) events available.
- Click here for more information about Sydney Tennis Round Robins.
- Click here to view events on the NSW Tournament Calendar, use the tabs at the bottom of the page to find Sydney Round Robin events.
Player Development Pathway
Click here to view the Tennis NSW Player Development Pathway. This pathway has been developed to provide players, parents and coaches and easy to understand guide to the different levels of tennis competition available in NSW.
Tennis Australia has developed an Athlete Development Matrix to help guide coaches, parents and players. The Matrix takes into consideration a player’s physical, technical, tactical, mental and social development. The suggestion for players under 10-years-old is that they play no more than eight tournaments a year.