Netherby Tennis Club Inc

About Us

Netherby Tennis Club logo and history

Netherby Tennis Club provides members with an environment – both on and off the courts – which is conducive to the thorough enjoyment of the game, in a sporting and friendly manner.

Netherby’s courts and clubhouse are conveniently located 6 km from the centre of Adelaide’s CBD, in a peaceful and relaxing rural setting adjacent to The University of Adelaide’s Waite Arboretum.

As an affiliate club of Tennis SA, all club-registered members and volunteers receive Tennis Australia affiliation benefits, including group coverage of personal accident insurance.

Netherby’s low annual membership fee makes it the best value high standard social tennis club in Adelaide.

Social events include:

  • BBQs at the clubhouse
  • Fun tournaments
  • Post-tennis Happy Hours
  • Mid-year family function
  • Family celebration in mid December

NTC’s history:

The history of the Club has been traced back to 1925, the year that Mitcham City Council purchased the site.
Acquisition of Netherby Reserve by Mitcham Council in 1925
The history of most of the club’s office bearers has been recorded from 1946 onwards. The first of two honour boards which presents this info was unveiled on 29 May 2010, updated to 2012 info below:
The second of two honour boards picks up where the first left off:
The long lost list of the history of Life Members was also tracked down in 2010, and updated in 2010 for the unveiling of a new Life Members Honour Board on 12 December 2010. It was subsequently updated again in January 2018:
All this historical information might have been lost in state archives and old club records “forever”, if it had not been for the tireless effort that Jeanette Hordacre invested over the course of almost a year in 2009’10. Jeanette’s initiative has been a fabulous contribution to the club, the benefits of which will endure for many decades to come.
With a view to applying for commonwealth funding support of facility and infrastructure upgrades, NTC registered for an ABN late 2009. The club joined Tennis SA in March 2010. In October 2010 the two north courts were upgraded to Tennis Australia standard and colour. This work was funded by Mitcham City Council, and was project-managed by Tennis SA in collaboration with NTC and HRTS.
The state-of-the-art design of NTC’s logo was generously provided to the Club in mid 2010 by threefiftyseven.
logo design by threefiftyseven